• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Jack's Adventures

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Jack's Adventures
Created by Locrito

Map Information

The Campaign Consists in...
It's a warcraft classic campaign, but with a bit more stupid sense of humor. Most of the missions consist in accomplishing with the Main Quest, or building a base with a custom race, and massing up units. Short, and easy, it was made so that it can be completed in one sit, and hopefully cause a chuckle or two.

Special Things
This map contains two new custom... races (as I said before) and new spells, most of the things were created with the Warcraft III original models, in exception with the "hero glow" model downloaded from the site.

AI
If you play the campaign you will see there is something peculiar in the AI... ;)

Credits
The Campaign was made by me, and only by me. (Except for the hero glow)

Story
The Campaign is about a NOT Fel Orc, but tanned orc adventurer. One day, he realizes that his tanning is gone! So he prepares his people to get ready for the trip of their life!

Edit
Found this in my bundle of nostalgia, and decided to fix all the bugs I found, and change tha protagonist's abilities a little. However, the stupid dialogues and story in general is the same, since I think it's part of it's "essence".

jack1-png.372055

jack2-png.372056

jack3-png.372057

Keywords:
Orc, Fel, Hotel, Sunken Ruins, Tropical, Jungle, Underground, Pig, Troll, Ogre, Volcano, Fire, Lava, Pig I would make this longer but I think it's eno
Contents

Jack's Adventures (Campaign)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2012/Oct/05 18:19:22 [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] Comment: [Rejected] http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/2222727-post9.html Staff Contact - Rules
Level 30

"to start up my review for this map campaign, I would like to say that I had no grudge or any bashing comment about your work but instead a revision list on the statements that I would write on this review and hope you can understand what I mean about it"

MAP INFORMATION:

"I would like to see more detailed information on the map you made, as you explained 'This map contains new spells', what do you mean exactly by new spells? the game doesn't have such spells rather than its standard ones like Finger of Death, Cluster Rockets, etc. you should at least comply with spell customizes on either triggers, the spell section here in this site or read useful tutorials about it. You should also be specific in explaining your map's features, I see that you explained your AI but I'm not sure about the peculiar part by means of the attack order from your unit's location and base? also you should know the user who made the hero glow and credit the creator's name, it would look dull in just explaining someone made that model part and not saving or recalling the name."

CHAPTER I:

"Before I can start my collision on the map, the very first problem I occurred was the item 'Kelen's Dagger of Escape', you should be logical about it, if the player thinks about destroying the item, what will happen to the hero using it? the game would end up restarting the campaign which looks bad to me, I suggest you edit the item by not allowing it to be dropped or moved OR you should just made it a unit ability so that it won't conflict the hero's ability status."

WC3ScrnShot_092412_222345_01.jpg

"Another problem I spotted was those crammed doodads spored across the map, it would be nice if you can read tuts about the do's and don'ts in doodad placing even if you made those doodads to put the dagger item to the test, I'd still say arrange those doodads in a proper and decorative way, neutral creeps are too hard to tackle down alone unless you keep running the whole time and wasting minutes of your game time by repeating it."

WC3ScrnShot_092412_222518_02.jpg

"After unraveling such obstacles in the map, you end up teleporting to your base and this peasant explains an undead situation on a cinematic state, I won't suggest this to you but for the record, writing a 'face text' doesn't make it humorous or rather part of the unit's speech, or in a short term it doesn't look professional, I recommend removing that part and head on without it."

WC3ScrnShot_092412_222827_03.jpg

"Again as I explained this problem from the dagger item, attacking allied units and when killed makes the game restart it from the beginning makes it a very bad decision for the map, by wasting minutes in such process. I recommend giving all of your allied units an 'INVULNERABLE' ability to prevent them from getting killed by players and remove the trigger that does the command in restarting the game when an ally unit gets killed."

WC3ScrnShot_092412_222921_05.jpg
WC3ScrnShot_092412_223709_07.jpg

CHAPTER II:

"To start my review for this second part, I felt a decent properties of the game for a while until I spotted a few problems, again. A Hint explaining the quotes 'Jack's loosing his power, so he has his blink ability disabled for this mission'. I am quite confused with that statement, was he bearing that ability or is it an item? be specific you don't want players mocking your work which I don't like it either."

WC3ScrnShot_092412_223431_06.jpg

"The neutral creeps are still hard to tackle even you have a 3 pack of peons that doesn't do much damage and has a "Repair" ability which it doesn't do anything for the whole chapter, another is that you can still kill ally units, do please edit those parts for which it is vital to your map's cause. And lastly the part of the game is that you have to defend your peon's from incoming attacks against invaders, it would be nice if you can decrease the time lapse of the defense part because waiting for 14 minutes from wave after wave is too mainstream, make it 3-5 minutes of game time to prevent players from boredom and repetitive acts".

WC3ScrnShot_092412_223926_08.jpg

CHAPTER III:

"The only problems I encountered in this chapter is the difficulty of breaching enemy bases and taking out the Firelord hero and a few units, the custom race that you need to use to win the game has an inferior tech speculations to bare and unit properties which is only 2 usable ones plus the footman if you can kill the enemy base near yours. And finally the ENDING, I do not want to go further"

CONCLUSION:

Overall the map has its good executions but has a huge downfall in what I explained in my review, I can only hope for you now is that to edit those what I explained, I DO NOT recommend you to follow every word I say but for the map's approval, I guess its worth for the best. And for the Orc units that your using for the game, I hope this is the perfect tan http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/packs-542/maghar-orcs-115679/?prev=search=orc&d=list&r=20 :)

Good luck and happy map making

Level 9
Looks pretty cool, going to try it. Edit: Campaign is pretty awesome. But you have to fix the bugs and maybe try out the suggestions said by Orcnet.

Last edited:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
chap1:
-blademaster freezes his animation in the cinematic scene after defeating the last Kobold boss
-vulnerable Fountain of Health :D
-the pigs didn't get any vengeance because they didn't do anything

chap2:
-again blademaster's animation freezes during the first cinematic scene
-Peons are never in danger
-reaching the lost beach, my Peons were teleported there from the hotel and their death animation played (tanning, right but with blood)
-buildings can be built one over the other and on doodads

chap3:
-slow progression through enemy bases; repetitive gameplay

2/5. Too bad. It has good terrain. Could have been a well made parody.