• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I've imported this model but it won't load

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
1. Import the model.
2.a. Import the textures the model uses (if they are not ingame textures as a lot of models recycle ingame textures to save space).
2.b. Change the paths of any imported textures to those the model expects (viewable on the download page for that model I beleive).
3. Set something up to use the model, can be unit, trigger or anything visible (pointless importing models that are never used).
4. Save the map and make sure it finishes saving properly (no errors).
5. Close everything WC3 related. This includes WC3, any bots and especially WE. Their task processes should be gone, not just the map closed or idle on main menu. Technically WE only needs to be fully closed but some people reported this working best.
6. Restart WE and open the map, starting it by double clicking the map also works and I advise it.
7.a. The model should be viewable in WE now.
7.b. The model should be viewable ingame now.

Level 4
@DarkAngelAzazel Erm yes but it says the path is supposed to be none so i presumed it was meant to be without the war3mapimported bit

@Dr Super Good I did all these steps, i even imported some extra models to see if it was my world editor, and it wasn't, the other models worked.

Could you guys like, try and import the model, see if it works for you? :p pleeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase? :p

Thank you

Level 4
Well it worked for a few people who tested it, and i have already pmed the author about my problem :p

Status
Not open for further replies.