• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

skins on imported models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Level 6
oh you understood me wrong. i want to use the skin AND the normal tauren. here i only have the skin. the normal tauren also has the minotaur skin.

Oh, ok, then yes, it's doable.
Import the skin to the following path:
Textures\NewTexture\Minotaur.blp
and your custom model will automatically acquire it, since I fixed it.
View attachment ChaosTauren.mdx
View attachment ChaosTauren_Portrait.mdx
View attachment Minotaur.blp

I didn't actually edit the models, I just changed a texture path, so the creators are still credited the way they should.
The model is property of
[•] Dan Van Ohllus
And the skin is property of
[•] zadlim

I do not own anything.

Level 6
do i just have to change the path of the skin to Textures\NewTexture\Minotaur.blp and then it works? i did that and it didnt work.

Level 6
i want to know something general about importing skins. if i change the path i write units\(race)\(is this the skin of the model, which the imported skin replaces?)\(name of the skin). but somehow this does not work. i tried to do this with this skin http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/skins-552/forsakenpriestnew-61063/?prev=search=priest&d=list&r=20 , because a priest actually has the same model as a human mage (just a different skin) and i tried to use the skin for the human mage, but it didnt work. (i wrote units\creeps\HumanMage\ForsakenPriestNew (i also replaced creeps with Human but it didnt work either))

Level 12
The path for a skin isn't always units/race/skin of the model/name of the skin, it can be Textures/, war3imported/, etc. check the Readme of the model.

Status
Not open for further replies.