• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Item triggers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
How do i refer to the targeted location or the targeted unit in a trigger when an item is used? I know i can make the trigger to activate by refering to the spell that the item has, I'm just wondering if there's another alternative.

Level 5
Do you mean that when the unit picks up an item it Selects the Unit or Location. Or something else that i didnt pick up on?

You can pick the unit, and you can make a point with triggers. The point will act as a 1 cell region exactly where the unit was when it took the item and can be used like a region for triggers.

Level 9
What i meant was, when a unit use an item, it can use it on itself, another unit or a point on the ground, how do i detect that in a trigger or do i just have the trigger activate when the item spell activates

Level 9
  • itemspells
    • Events:
      • Unit - A unit starts and effect of an ability
    • Conditions:
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to ItemAbility
    • Actions:
This works, i tested it. Both for target location of ability being cast and target unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.