• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Item traded for Unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
So I have an item called a BloodLust Token which are obtained at certain points in the games day. That isn't important, but what is is this. I want to be able to trade those tokens (which are items, not gold or lumber) for a unit that is under my control for a limited amount of time (a summoned creature).

My original plan was to be able to buy the "summoned" creature in a store, (You buy an item for the price of 0g and it is immediatly destroyed creating a summoned unit if you have sufficient tokens in your inventory) but I don't know how to trigger it so it reduces the charge of my bloodlusttokens by 1 if i have some, destroys the stack if i dont 2+ charges, or refuses to create the unit if i dont have any tokens at all. As well as i dont know how to make the creates unit have countdown (blue bar) as a summoned creature does.

Another idea i had was just to give the tokens an ability themselves. My issue with that idea is i have multiple different units i want to be able to summon and i think dialog boxes would be a bad idea...

Anyways i could use some help. An idea to work this out? A trigger for my first idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.