• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Item Rarity Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Item Rarity Request - REP will be given!

I'm making a pretty extensive single-player RPG and I'd really like a distinction between items of rarity. I doubt it would be that hard but then again I don't know much about modeling or retexturing. Anyways, I was hoping someone could conjure up something along the lines of the basic golden chest that is used for most items in Warcraft, and alter a couple of them to give off a glow or attachment to them to signify how rare they are before the player hovers over them or clicks on it.

The rarity scale for my game is as follows:

Common (Grey) -- (This could have no glow at all I guess)
Useful (White)
Uncommon (Green)
Rare (Blue)
Epic (Purple)
Legendary (Orange)

If you have any questions about what I'm requesting, please post below or sent me a private message. Thank you very much in advance!

REP! will be given!

Last edited:
Level 6
Bump! I could really use this if someone can make these I'll give +rep as well as recognition on my map.

Here is what I'd like them to look similar to:
427765_10150582604187046_670442045_9500692_2107206622_n.jpg

PS: I Photoshop'd these

Level 21
I can see the picture and your wanting the item like in World of Warcraft for Warcraft III?
Oh boy, because I wish I could help you, but man I don't know anything on how to do this stuff. I do make maps, terrain and play the game for fun.

Level 6
I can see the picture and your wanting the item like in World of Warcraft for Warcraft III?
Oh boy, because I wish I could help you, but man I don't know anything on how to do this stuff. I do make maps, terrain and play the game for fun.

Not so much like World of Warcraft, it uses a color scale that World of Warcraft uses, but I'd like the models themselves to look similar to what I have posted here.

Level 11
I'm actually making a system right now to place special effects to items to signify rarity, because I didn't want to go to the hassle of getting a bunch of model requests done. It uses item level to distinguish rarity, though, because I couldn't think of any other way that wouldn't be a hassle with a high number of items of varying rarity.

Level 6
I'm actually making a system right now to place special effects to items to signify rarity, because I didn't want to go to the hassle of getting a bunch of model requests done. It uses item level to distinguish rarity, though, because I couldn't think of any other way that wouldn't be a hassle with a high number of items of varying rarity.

I still think separate models would be easier.

Level 11
Here's what my finalized system looks like, since this request still hasn't been answered. (I went with a different color scheme but that's easily modifiable)

attachment.php

If you're at all interested I can post a map so you can see how it works in-game. If not, here's a free bump.

Attachments

• rarity.jpg
    rarity.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 179
Level 6
Here's what my finalized system looks like, since this request still hasn't been answered. (I went with a different color scheme but that's easily modifiable)

attachment.php

If you're at all interested I can post a map so you can see how it works in-game. If not, here's a free bump.

Yeah I'm very interested now lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.