• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Trigger Request: Item drop system with Item generation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello everyone!

So, my triggering skills are limited. I'm always stuck on triggers for hours because i just know some GUI. Some people recently told me about NewBonus and how it could help me with what I need, but I thought I'd try here before sinking days into trying to make this work and then giving up on my map because of it :p

I need a system that drops Items with these conditions:

About the Item:

-Level of drop always equal to level of Monster killed

-Fall into Rarity: |cff9D9D9DPoor|r, |cffFFFFFFCommon|r, |cff1EFF00Uncommon|r, |cff0070FFRare|r, |cffA335EEEpic|r |cffFF8000Legendary|r. These multiply the stats by Y, where Y is 0.4, 0.6, 0.8, 1.0, 1.2, 1.5.

- Fall into Categories: Weapon, Body Armor, Shield, Trinket, Boots, Gloves, Helmet, of which multiple can be equipped (1-4) depending on inv size or a custom value of the Unit, but never two of the same category. (Item classification?)

- I think each Item should have some base stats: Basic combinations of Str/Int/Agi (Or Hp/regen, Mana/regen, *) say for example, X points distributed randomly on Agi, Int and Str, where X is dependant on the item lvl, rarity, etc.

- They should detect if a Hero or Unit picks up the Item, and add Hero stats (Agi/int/Str) or the equivalent stats (* / Mana, ManaRegen / HP, HPRegen) if it's a unit.

* I'm not sure on how to translate Agility without making it over- or underowered. Maybe you can think of a way to properly translate it into AttackSpeed, Movespeed or Armor that doesnt get too unbalanced. Maybe just Damage? Idk I want to avoid supersonic speeds on both movement on attack, animations break immersion.

--> Each of the above categories should have a main stat, which is always on that category of Item: Damage for Weapons, Armor for Body Armor, Health on Shields, Mana on Trinkets, MoveSpeed on boots, AttackSpeed on gloves, Armor on Helmets

--> Additionally, they should have ONE of these secondary stats:

Weapons: Either Bash, Crit, Feedback, Attack Speed, Cleave, or an Orb ability (Fire orb, Frost orb, Venom Orb, etc.)

Body Armor: Damage Reflection, Evasion, Bonus Armor, Permanent Immolation,

Helmet: Auras: Command, Brilliance, Endurance, Vampiric, Devotion, Trueshot, etc.

Shield: Divine Shield, Bonus Armor, Bash, Mana Shield, Damage Reflection

Trinket: Actives, like Rejuvenation, Cripple, Temporary Invisibility, etc.

Boots: Evasion, Bonus Armor, Temporary Speed boost.

Gloves: Bonus Armor, Temporary AttackSpeed boost.

Feel free to add anything that you think is missing or would be cool to any category.

About the Tooltip:

So Item names can't be edited, but Extended tooltips can. It should look something like this:

ITEM NAME (Color dependant on rarity - I can make some template items to drop to include all the raritys and have better quality items have appropriate Icons.)

Level A - Category

+ B Main Stat

When on Hero:

+ C Agility
+ D Intelligence
+ E Strength

When on Mercenary: (Mercenaries are all controllable non-hero Units.)

+ F Health
+ G Health Regeneration
+ H Mana
+ I Mana Regeneration
+ J
+ K *

Passive/Active: SecondaryStat: Does L/M, dealing N damage.

(The "SecondaryStat" and the damage/healing/whatever number being colorcoded like the weapon rarity.)

About the Drop Rates:

All enemies on my maps come in these tiers:

Normal Enemies (|cffXXXXXXNormal Enemies|r , XXXXXX is a color code I use for different classes on enemies, and it determines the Unit stat distribution, dw about this i just include it for substring reasons.)

< Elite Enemies > (|cffffff00<|r |cffXXXXXXElite Enemies|r |cffffff00>|r)

<< Mini Bosses >> (|cffffff00<<|r |cffXXXXXXMini Bosses|r |cffffff00>>|r)

<<< Bosses >>> (|cffffff00<<<|r |cffXXXXXXBosses|r |cffffff00>>>|r)

The important thing here is the "<<" things. They determine how strong an enemy is and should also determine drop rates. I don't really have a defined ratio that I stuck with, but..

- Bosses should at least drop an Epic, if not a Legendary. Should always drop at least 2 items. I will probably add custom drops to these as well.

- Minibosses should also have a slight chance of a Legendary, Good chance for Epic, and else Rare. Should always drop at least 1 Item

- Elites should drop less Poor items and mostly Common, Uncommon and Rare items, while having a small chance for an Epic and mini chance for a Legendary. Should drop nothing 25%-50% of times.

- Common enemies should drop Poor and Common stuff, with good chance of Uncommon, small of Rare, and mini chance on Epic. Should drop nothing about 50%-75% of times.

Also, if possible, leave room for a variable that can modify the overall drop rate, that I could link to something like different difficulties. But this is not so important.

Lastly, some ItemCalsses should drop more often then others. 25% Weapons, 20% Body Armor, 10% Shields, 10% Trinkets, 15% Gloves, 8% Helmet, 12% Boots-

I hope didn't miss anything.

[EDIT: I did.

About the Scaling

So far, I've been using a formula for stats on Items that somewhat exponentially go up by having 1.5^X (X being Lvl of monster or Item) in it. I'd like to keep this aspect of it, as my enemys do the same.

Beyond that, I'll leave that up to you. If you can't think of anything, don't worry to much about this. I'll fix it later (should be easy as it's just changing some numbers).
I thought it'd be best to have the system first and then worry about accurate balance later.

..Now that I look at this post it resembles a christmas wishlist... and I overdid it with the color ]

I know this is a huge amount of details and therefore work. But if I had this I'd be etarnally grateful! And I'll owe you one :p

I'll also get working on it myself in case, understandibly, nobody wants to go through the trouble.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.