• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Item Passive Slow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hey, just wondering what the Item Ability is to passively slow the target who is uses it?

I have a resource item, which should slow the unit when he carries it.

Right now, what I am using is Boots Movespeed bonus: -15. But 1) it doesn't stack. and 2) the item has charges between 10 and 30, if it would stack, would it stack per charge?

I've looked through the gameplay constants to see where I can make move-speed bonuses (or penalties) stack - but can't seem to find it!

Any help, much appreciated!!

edit: Found the gameplay constant: Gameplay - Move Speed Bonuses Stack: True/False. It's on true by default, but doesn't make my unit go any slower when he carries 1 of them or 6 of them!

Edit again: I think I found the problem. Unit Inventory on my unit (obviously) was not the Hero Inventory, so he can't actually use items. Guess that applies to passive bonuses too :p otherwise, Footmen with Boots of Speed would be pretty imba!

Third Edit: Nope, still no 'penalty' (bonus)... Any help? I'm exhausting my options! Otherwise, I'm going to go the route of creating a dummy caster to put a slow buff on the unit, each time he acquires an item, and then remove the buff when the item is dropped. :s Must be an easier way!

Edit: Now I'm working it off of unholy aura with a -% bonus..

Level 5
Interesting. Thanks (as always, Pharaoh_) :).

My computer is actually in pieces taking a trip back home. University is finished for another year. I'll try as you suggest. But, I managed to male Unholy Aura give a -0.05% (I think) bonus, that applies only to 'Self'. It stacks.

So, the unit (in this case, a Pack Mule) with an empty inventory has a movespeed of 300. With a full inventory (6 items), that drops to 200. Which I'm happy with :) just took some mathematical brain-flexing :)

As I said, I don't have World.Edit available to me - but, does that move-speed-slow aura cause their move-animation to 'slow down' also? Can't remember! If NOT I'll need to know how to do that - since animations are something I haven't even gotten near to playing with!

Status
Not open for further replies.