• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Item attachments disappear with a delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
tl;dr - I have an item with orb effect attachment and aura. When I drop the item the attachment vanishes couple of seconds later than it should, even after the aura stops working. Don't know how to fix it.

Hello there! I'm having a weird issue caused by item aura.

Example is pretty simple, I've got an item with an orb effect that gives a passive flat amount of damage and weapon attachment to your right hand. When you drop the item, the attachment doesn't stick to character's hand, but considerately vanishes, causing zero problems.
Now, some weapons are heavy, require more strength and time to swing, but when they hit, they hit hard and painful. Those heavy, twohanded bastards are using "Command aura" that only targets the wearer and increase their damage by a percent, so it scales with main attribute. Now, when an item does have this aura as a skill, the attachment becomes nasty and does not vanish when it should, but couple of seconds later. It does not vanish even when the aura effect wears off, but waits even more! It needs two times more time to vanish than the aura buff does. It's not nice, for it causes a very strange and ugly graphic effect for a short time that looks even more bizzare and ugly after you equip a new weapon!
I'll be very glad for some help!

Level 3
Silly me.
That was not related to aura skill at all. The model I used had either no animation, or broken death animation and that's why it refused to vanish in given time.
Problem solved, lesson learnt, unnessesary thread to be closed, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.