• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Attachments an Items questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello.
I'm new to map making and just started learning item attachments. The problem is that when i attach item by triggers its ok, but when i drop the item attachment isnt removed. How to make it to get removed after item drop.

I've got another question
How to make unit be able to wear only one sword, one helmet etc?

Level 8
when you use triggers to attach it, use triggers to unattach it too.

and making units wear only one sword, helmet, etc. is achieved via triggers. all same item class should have the same Item Level in Object Editor. For example, all helmets should be Item Level 20. (use Shift+Enter to be able to use values above 8). then an example trigger would be:

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
  • Conditions
    • (Item level of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to 20
    • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
      • Conditions
        • (Item level of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 1)) Equal to 20
        • (Item level of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 2)) Equal to 20
        • (Item level of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 3)) Equal to 20
        • (Item level of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 4)) Equal to 20
        • (Item level of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 5)) Equal to 20
        • (Item level of (Item carried by (Triggering unit) in slot 6)) Equal to 20
  • Actions
    • Hero - Drop (Item being manipulated) from (Triggering unit)

Level 13
You can easily attach effects without triggers.
Just give the item the ability 'Healing Ward Aura', set healing = 0 and target attachment to your effect.

OR if you want to use triggers you have to save the effect in a hashtable (or array) so you can access and delete it later on item drop.

Level 33
So basically, each item has 2 abilities; 1 for main ability (the original ability of what the item does) and the dummy ability (Item Damage Bonus can be your based dummy ability)

When you acquire that item, you will be granted with 2 abilities for example, 1 is +armor and another one is dummy ability which +damage by 0 (does nothing, we only want the effect of the attachment)

If you're still don't understand, I can provide you with a test map, but I think you understood pretty much up until now, right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.