• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

It’s Sad...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
Like artists of other genres, you don't really know if you're ahead of time (Zeitgeist, trends), or behind.
And it probably shouldn't bother you.
It certainly can't bother you much if you are devoted to the cause.

Level 12
For me it seems that wc3 had a chance with reforged to get again a big community in mapping and playing but now it feels like nothing changed... I said it’s sad because it had so much potential if you look on works like wc2 campaigns in reforged...
It’s like the most people who refund reforged didn’t know that the mapping community are still working on such great projects...

Level 21
As we're modding an almost two decades old game, it's a safe bet we're behind.

On a global scale definitely, but in our little microcosm gameplay and simple setup is king.

Survival Chaos, Legion TD coming to mind.
Simply well made without amazing graphics/sounds/complex gameplay elements.

Level 12
I keep on seeing the same 2010-ish maps with flat terrain, standard skills, etc. on battlenet

that’s the point some of these maps have not even changed tooltips on the standard spells or good terrains, not even systems... like 7 blademasters XD people join this game because they read Blademasters in the name of the game...

are these guys kids?
Is it all about the name? XD

then my next map I do in 1 day with flat terrain standard hero and skills and name the map

Blademaster Arena

ye and then people can Windwalk and mirror image the whole game

Status
Not open for further replies.