• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Issues changing UI console

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi, there I'm new to this forum but not to war3, been playing since its beta in 2002. Anyway onto my question :)

I'm looking to extend my vertical viewing field while playing the game. How can I completely get rid of the bottom UI? I have already tried modifying the 6 blp files found in ie. UI\Console\NightElf\ of War3Patch.mpq. I first converted them all to png files using BLP Lab, opened each in photoshop, cleared their contents so they're empty images (dimensions unchanged), converted them back to blps, placed them in War3Patch.mpq and ran war3 to see what I get. Well, I get a long black bar at the bottom where the UI should be (see attached ss), so I ask if anyone knows why? and is there a way to get rid of this or not?

Thank you.

Attachments

• 2022-01-07_231533.jpg
    2022-01-07_231533.jpg
    850.6 KB · Views: 42
Level 10
JASS:
call BlzHideOriginFrames(true)
call BlzFrameSetAllPoints(BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_WORLD_FRAME, 0), BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_GAME_UI, 0))
Also check out these tutorials:

if you are using Warcraft 3 V1.31 or higher than the links from @AbsolutePsycho probably help you. But I think not, as you mentioned War3Patch.mpq which is a thing of older versions.

When you use an older version of Warcraft 3 (lower than V1.31) than the default jass api can't do it.
Before Warcraft 3 V1.32 the playable world screen only covers a part of the screen.
If you are curious you could checkout this "hacks" that add new features to old Warcraft 3 like RenderEdge, memhack.
One might instead do it from the user side and use for example this game injection WFE - Warcraft Feature Extender ,Then you map does not need any modification.

Status
Not open for further replies.