• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Issue with Render Distance during cinematics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Since Reforged came out I've been seeing an issue during the cinematics on a couple of my maps. There's basically a curtain where nothing draws beyond it.

I'm pretty sure it isn't a fog issue, as I've tried playing with the Set Fog trigger and also the initial fog values available in the Map Options. Changing the color for example, I can kind of see the difference beyond this wall if that makes any sense.

I'm hoping someone else might have seen this and has some advice? I've attached a screenshot of what I'm seeing in all my cinematics.
WC3ScrnShot_020320_091221_001.png

Level 14
Try setting the Far Z value of the camera higher.
I believe it’s the skybox that you are seeing. The Far Z of the camera can only go to 10,000 unless they changed it. So unless you have some terrain or doodads blocking the horizon it will cut off after that far. I would assume it has to do with preventing too many models on the screen at once slowing performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.