• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Issue with no World Editor and Replacing WC3 Unit Voice Lines

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hello, (miss-typed thread title, its supposed to be "new" not "no"

I had originally started working on a custom map back when WC3 world editor was still in use.

Now that we've moved onto the new Reforged World Editor, I'm finding that my custom voice lines "sounds" that were imported over to replace voice lines of certain heroes that were working before, stopped working.

This only has to do with imports that were replacing warcraft specified voice lines.

All my custom sounds still work when playing them, and exporting them fine.

All my other custom sounds/music that are triggered also still work fine.

It's only the sounds that are overriding the unit voice lines, for example:

Units/Human/HeroPaladin/HeroPaladinPissed1

(and the entirety of the Paladin sound path) simply has no noise now when the hero is selected, moved, etc... I've checked and found the sounds are using a .flac extension now, I've tried testing by converting my files to .flac (and playing them outside the game) and it still doesn't work.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on with this new world editor that is preventing me from replacing the regular warcraft voice line paths?

Level 12
This is now done in World Editor directly in the Sound Editor :

Find your unit sound in the list, right click it and select the option "Replace internal sound". It will let you browse for your file and import it for you.

So probably remove all imported custom voice "lines" from your asset manager first.

Level 1
This is now done in World Editor directly in the Sound Editor :

Find your unit sound in the list, right click it and select the option "Replace internal sound". It will let you browse for your file and import it for you.

So probably remove all imported custom voice "lines" from your asset manager first.

Ya, I've actually done that too, and is still isn't working. I guess I'll try it out on a new custom map and see if there's any difference, was wondering if anyone else was having this problem or not

Level 12
That is really strange because I did that in my map just before switching to basic vJass and it worked a treat, now i think the import thing actually does the job as I have removed most objects made with WE from my map script.

I actually used an old quote from the Dryad that came from the WC3 Roc beta to replace the Avatar warcry as she has a custom ability based on Avatar.
The only thing I can see is that WE imported it as flac :
Abilities/Spells/Human/Avatar/Avatar.flac
But it was an mp3 file. This said if you tried it with the replace internal sound and it didn't work, I have no idea why, or maybe something is wrong with your files.

EDIT : OK I missed that flac part of your original post.

Just out of curiosity, try to use them as mp3 rather than converting them to flac with external tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.