• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Issue order without target command problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
It is me once again with some problems

• Unit - Create 1 Dummy Caster for (Owner of Caster) at Points[2] facing Default building facing degrees
  • Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
  • Unit - Add Dummy Stomp to (Last created unit)
  • Unit - Set level of Dummy Stomp for (Last created unit) to (Level of Heroic Leap for Caster)
  • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - War Stomp
I want to use this trigger into kael's first spell circle of flame or something similar is the name.

I want the targets that get affected by it to be frozen in ice with the frost model effect.
My problem being that they only get the effect on but continue to move .

I tried modifying the trigger above to get a custom war stomp that actually stuns but doesnt have the animation so when the spell goes they wil get hit by the custom war stomp.

The problem is that when i choose in the trigger the line Unit-Order(Last created UNit) to use a non targeted spell i cannot fiind my custom made one.

I even tryied to modify the base version the actualy tauren chieftain war stomp but it still stuns and has the animation.(blue whirlwhind above their head)

I already have this trigger in one of the spells the problem might be that i try to make anothe trigger based on the same tauren chieftan stun?

If anyone could help me again would be awsome.
Kudos for any helpfull info.

Level 25
The basic thing is that spells have ID and you cannot create new ID - you can create ability that uses same Id as one of the other generic abilities.

So if you create custom Warstomp, it is still Warstomp (in terms of its ID). So if you want to order your custom ability, you have to order the ability it is based off. So in this example, if it is based off War Stomp, you have to order the unit to use "Tauren Warchief - Warstomp" for it to work.

To create the ice-like effect:
War Stomp uses the "stunned" buff field (even though it is not directly set in the Stats - Data - Buff field. It is still there. So create your own custom buff effect and put it in the Stats - Buff field).

Level 22
If you create an ability based on Orc Tauren Chieftain - Warstomp, then your trigger "Order (Last created unit) to Orc Tauren Chieftain - Warstomp" is correct even though that's not its name. If you don't want to see the blue whirlwind, you can create a custom buff based on the Stunned (Pause) or whatever buff the Orc Tauren Chieftain - Warstomp has and edit/remove the effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.