• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Island Wars (Name Subject ot Change)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Island Tribes!

You are the chief of a tribe on one of the many islands on an archipelago formed from great volcanoes that now lay dormant. The only fresh water on the islands is rainwater that is collected in the craters of the volcanoes. You must manage your limited resources as well as defend them and your people from neighboring tribes out for blood.

What makes this different.

-Tribes are all on different islands that are chosen randomly at start of game.

-Resources are limited but do come back over time if it isn't all gone.

-Units require both food and water.

-Dormant volcanoes may not stay that way.

-Random periods of no rain so people must plan ahead.

-Limited size of armies so people don't just mass.

-Both inhabited and uninhabited islands.

-Much more!

Units

There will be a few different kinds of units in the game as of now. I am open to any suggestions you have.

-Chieftain ( I do not know if I will put this in.) Leader of the tribe has auras that boost other warriors during fights.

-Shaman can influence nature whether this means making rain come more likely or making the mighty volcanoes erupt. (it might it might not work sometimes)

-Warrior Class the warrior of the tribe that fights the wars and defends the tribe.

-Tribe men basics of the tribe can fight but not as strong as the warriors collects water and food

-Slave Raider has the ability to enslave enemy tribe people sometimes it just ends up killing them.

-Slave are cheap labor that don't need water or food unlike the rest of the people so you don't have to worry about them as much. There is a chance that they will try to fight back and can be very bad if you have a lot.

Buildings

Along with units there will be buildings.
There are not many trees on the islands so wood will be very important and if you use it all there is no more.

-Shaman Hut place where tribes men become shamans

-Simple hut um a simple hut

-House of the Warrior place where warriors are made

-Stone quarry place where stone is harvested also where stone tools are made tribes men must be in here to get stone and make tools

- Water movement system if you want to use a lot of wood but make getting water easier this will move water from the craters to your tribe.

-Water storage it stores water

-Boats ( i have included boats in the building section because they will be made like buildings are) Different kind of boats ranging from canoes to reed boats. These will require wood and be very important

That is all the buildings for now if you have any suggestions please tell me them I will consider them.

Resources

There will be two resources

The first will be wood which you will get from trees. Trees will be limited on the island and it will be wise to not chop all the trees down as no new ones will grow if you chop them all down. Wood will be used to make a variety of things from boats to houses

The second resource will be stone. Stone will be used from walls to weapons and will not be that hard to find on the island but will be harder to get.

Along with the two resources there will be water and food that your people must have. You wont need to do this constantly but as long as your around a water and food supply your troops will refill both of those requirements.

Well that is the map so far I have some of it done but no screen shots yet

Hope you like the idea please post any suggestions

~Gallin

attached is a picture of the early terrain

Attachments

• early terrain.JPG
    early terrain.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.