• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Island Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hi. This is my second terrain. The terrain map I'm making is two small islands. The one I've finished I'm posting the images of and I'll finish the other island and post images of it.
These Aren't the best images but there ok for this island which is smaller than the other. I was also wondering if there were any downloadable units that were like villagers but had beards and torn ragitty cloths so they looked like they had been ship wrecked. Maybe even some makeshift looking tents that they could have made from the surrounding. Anyways tell me what you think of these images and if you could help me with my last few questions that would be great.

Attachments

• TrollCampmountainview.jpg
    TrollCampmountainview.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 153
  • TrollCampEntrance.jpg
    TrollCampEntrance.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 192
  • Sunshine.jpg
    Sunshine.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 120
  • RockSpireNoon.jpg
    RockSpireNoon.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 134
  • AcrosstheLake.jpg
    AcrosstheLake.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 147
  • statue.jpg
    statue.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 166
  • shipwreck.jpg
    shipwreck.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 97
  • pond.jpg
    pond.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 101
  • graves.jpg
    graves.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 81
  • fountainbackview.jpg
    fountainbackview.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 93
  • fountain.jpg
    fountain.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 96
  • exiting.jpg
    exiting.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 107
  • entrance.jpg
    entrance.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Level 9
Thx huys for the tips. Ya I realized that the tile didn't very much and there weren't any doodads. I did this around 2 in the morning so I wasn't really thinking. Im going to fix them up then I'll add the new ones and start working on the next island. Thanks for givin me the idea on the models Ivanneth. Also I like the gallery idea but I might just use it for groups of tilesets so its not a mix of icecrown and the sunken ruins which dont go together well I dont think.

ThX
Hawk

Level 34
Whoa, the second one has deadly looking hills! Might want to smooth the bumpy-spike-hills. Same with the forth one on the top of your hill. Tile variation is not too bad, doesn't look right to me though. It takes a lot of practice, I still suck at it.

Level 9
Thanx for the tips. Ya Now that I'm done with the map im gonig to go through and find the things that look wrong and add some of the end results. Other wise I've put some new pics from the other island on here now so take a look at them and give me your overall feeling of them.

ThX
Hawk

Level 8
Ah, the 6th one is rather not good, since you can see "the end of the world". 7th one is quite nice, but the dunes need a bit more smoothing and doodads, I think. 8 and 9 are good, 10 isn't too good, because of the sharp edges, and sudden variation -- dirt / sand to that tile stuff. The last ones are good, but be careful where you place the angle, try not to catch the sharp edge of the end.

Level 9
O I didn't see that in #6 you could see the end of the world. Guess I didn't studdie the picture enough. And # 10 ya i agree there wasn't much going on in that picture so I dont thk its one of my favorite either. Personaly my favorites are 8 and 9

Level 9
That Actually looks pretty good

Some more tips:
The Stone tiles in Pic 2-3 and 12 feature some odd bumbs, you could smooth em down since paved roads are generally flat, it also looks better.

For picture 4 you could try out something: take a sunken ruins rock (and a big variation)and size it up till its as big as the whole cliff itself. (in order to do this go to the object editor and put max scale to 100 for the rock you want to place then place one and then select it and click on it again now increase all the sizes till its big enough) then place it on top of the clif and use ctrl and page down to move it inside the cliff thing. if you sized it good (the rock should be abit bigger then the cliff itself) then your will have one big rock cliff, then you can decorate it with trees and perhaps rock spires to decorate it, try it out that never hurts (if you save :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.