• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Island - Mountain Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
I was working on my a project when i suddenly had inspiration to make a little island surrounded by mountains and water on the other end. Its the first time i terrained without using wc3 cliffs so please comments would be lovely, constructive please.

terrainp.png

Level 17
well i was on short hand with tiles, i wanted sand tiles for the last bit of land, because it is a beach, and i chose the short grass because any other tile just looked wrong. The mountain i just wanted to differentiate from the ground, i know i could have chosen a better tile. lol

Well for one, that hardly looks like an Island. And the mountains? I wouldn't call that raised ground "mountains".

First, you need to expand your island a bit, and make it more centred in other words, surrounded by water. Atm that black boundary is ruining it.

Second, mountains can't be just raised from the ground like that and look nice. You need to add some walk able parts. If you've ever went camping in your country, in a forest perhaps maybe you'll know that there is always a way to get around the trees an cliffs. Expand the mountains, add grass/dirt tile here and there, add walkable paths, trees, grass.

Third, you need sand around the water, rocks, palms and probably the Village summer grass, the bright thick one, you'll notice it.

Forth and final, living the terrain up a bit. Adding fishes, crabs, and some other animals you think of.

Hope it helped. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.