• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Other Island ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I need some ideas about terrain for my map, Island Conquest

What I did so far:
Every island is raised from water in more or less different shape.
Every island also must have 7 buildings
Tor the terrain I use minimum 3 different textures and 2 types of doodads- palm tree and winy plant. There is also a small rock on few islands.

In the end I get island that look nice for a strategy game.

But doesn't look so good when I have over 50 islands (73 in total) made in the same style

So I need ideas what can I do different.

Attachments

• pic1.JPG
    pic1.JPG
    193.2 KB · Views: 168
  • pic2.JPG
    pic2.JPG
    236.6 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Level 7
"different shape"? At least 80% of the islands are shaped like crescents with trees on the outside... Sorry, but I think they all look nearly completely the same.

Level 10
Vary size and shape more and create land mass patterns, like the land stretches below the sea, you know. Vary depth of water and create dots of shallow water, maybe even raise some above water and use a rocky texture on it, or doodads (like rock spires).

Most of the islands look like they're all beach on one side and all jungle and stuff on the other. Would be more natural if they were just slightly bigger and some had beach all way around the the conture, and vegetation in the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.