• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dieseldodge's Terrains

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a boring day , I've had an ideea...I tryed to make some terrains and not only..I want to thank very much to Ultimate Terraining Map. In one of the shots it was usefully for me.

You can see:

1. An Azshara island.
2. Some barracks on an island ( more models used than terrain , but )
3. Somewhere in Barrens
4. Desert to nowhere...
5. An mountain! ( Sincerily I like it very much )
6. Something like the Ogrimmar Gate ( Yes , almost model , but I used also terrain... do not flame )
7. An Koreea dueling place! Ya-Ja-Huuu!
8. A polar bear in Lordaeon Mountains...Lovely!

9. The Frozen Island

I hope you like them! I just wanted to share my work for entertaiment. :wink: Maybe I will add more soon.

Attachments

• Azshara.JPG
    Azshara.JPG
    200.4 KB · Views: 444
  • Barracks.JPG
    Barracks.JPG
    117 KB · Views: 426
  • Barrens.JPG
    Barrens.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 414
  • Desert.JPG
    Desert.JPG
    97 KB · Views: 408
  • Mountain.JPG
    Mountain.JPG
    210.6 KB · Views: 421
  • Ogrimmar.JPG
    Ogrimmar.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 350
  • SkyKoreea.JPG
    SkyKoreea.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 362
  • Winter.JPG
    Winter.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 423
Last edited:
Level 34
Sorry to be so harsh but... You should consider becoming good in something else than terraining.
Trust me, I was worse than this back in the day. Although I never uploaded any terrains back then. :p

Level 7
No need for negative comments, and no reason to stop terraining. Practice goes a long way.
Your terrains could actually look pretty neat with some help, here's some of the basics.
-Use fog. This very simple tool when played with can greatly affect the overall look of a terrain.
-Tile variation: Play around with tiles, don't only change it up for roads or paths.
-Stay away from blizzard trees and blizzard cliffs. Start your map with shallow water and use the raise or lower tool from there. Also, the smooth tool is your friend, the noise tool is it's worst adversary.
-Plan and consider: Before you begin your terrain, take time out to think. Go through your doodads after planning out your terrain. Consider "What can I use that would go well with this terrain, and how would I go about incorporating it."

I hope these tips get you started on your way. Also, look into the tutorials on this terrain and over at the terrain board at wc3campaigns.net. Many have found them to be very helpful. Also look over other terrains from your fellow board members and try to make use of similar ideas that they've used that you think looks good. Another thing I'd also suggest is to look into The Ultimate Terraining Map. It has plenty of great, small file sized size and it's an easy to use one time download. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.