• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Requesting a Terrainer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
So, as it turns out, I suck at making terrain.
I need someone to create a terrain for me.

The standards for the terrain would be:

· Island- / Tropical- / Beach-styled terrain
· Good use of doodads, while not overdone
· Must be styled in the sense of a Tag map. I.e, there must be places to hide, there must be little secrets, etc.
· I want at least one waterfall

That's pretty much it. The rest would be up to you.
An good example of what I'm looking for would be the terrain for Tropical Tag or Island Defense (though I don't want a duplicate of those maps :p).

The terrain could be done at your leisure, there wouldn't be any time frame for completion (As long as it isn't like, ridiculous :eek:).

If anyone is interested, please reply back here.

Level 3
I might be interested lol, i love terraining, idk if i got skillz or not but i love it and i think i do have skillz lol....... umm so u say tropical..... tag like map with places to hide ehhhhh hmmmkkk... sooo elaborate on the hiding sercumstances, like is it gona be triggered hiding or just like little outcoves in the trees or water or w/e....? PM or just reply on forum, id love to help

Level 8
I might be interested lol, i love terraining, idk if i got skillz or not but i love it and i think i do have skillz lol....... umm so u say tropical..... tag like map with places to hide ehhhhh hmmmkkk... sooo elaborate on the hiding sercumstances, like is it gona be triggered hiding or just like little outcoves in the trees or water or w/e....? PM or just reply on forum, id love to help

Well, could you try to make it like an island? Have cliffs, lots of trees, some random pools of water around the island, etc.
Really all I want you to do is create a very nice, detailed island with lots of walkable paths and space. I can just modify it a bit to fit some needs.

Thanks for offering your help :)

Level 3
well i could help you. if you want. i have some experience making tropical waterfalls... i have a bunch of non-released maps with trpoical stuff but here is a picture from a tropical i made its in my terrain thread too but here it is(first one) and i have a water/rock tile place here are the links(cant upload them twice).

Lost Waterfall

Water entrance

i could start on a map for you to use if you want.

Level 8
Well, if both of you could create one, then I could pick and choose between them. Of course, I'd only want you to do this if you can handle not having your terrain chosen without being upset. I'd credit both of you, if you both want to do this.

By the way, I'd really like it if you could try to keep the scenery bright and uplifting. I hate dark / dim terrains. :)

Thanks to both of ya.

Edit: Also, the dimensions could be somewhere around 150x150 total map size, and 141x141 playable map size.

Level 3
okay. i started already. and i dont care if you dont choose mine i do this for fun. so yea.

EDIT: damn.. demonsofdante is helping... my map wont get picked....

Last edited:
Level 8
id be happy to help but i really dont use cliffs that much and try to avoid it as much as possible. However if thats what you need i can give it a shot

Level 3
screenshots

these are two pictures from the very bottom right corner. teall me if this is what you wanted(like the type of way its made).
remember they are just the VERY BEGINNING of the map, only a little is made.

EDIT: the angles arnt very good... srry i just took them quickly.

Attachments

• MAP 1.JPG
    MAP 1.JPG
    111.1 KB · Views: 138
  • MAP 2.JPG
    MAP 2.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 161
Level 8
id be happy to help but i really dont use cliffs that much and try to avoid it as much as possible. However if thats what you need i can give it a shot

I really just want some multi-tiered terrain in there. I don't want it to be like, a mountain, but I want it to have some realistic-looking cliffs where the different levels meet. For example, if you have a part of the map where there's water at the edge of the map, and have a beach, then have a cliff going up to the main area, that would be nice.

these are two pictures from the very bottom right corner. teall me if this is what you wanted(like the type of way its made).
remember they are just the VERY BEGINNING of the map, only a little is made.

EDIT: the angles arnt very good... srry i just took them quickly.

Those look great!

Thanks everyone for doing this :)

Level 3
Here is a idea i though might be good.
its an abandoned watch post/tower.
i thought it might look good in the map.
if you like it just tell me or i could take it out if you dont.
also i figuered out how to make a crater/volcano thingy with the cliff if you like it too.(its bottom corner)

Attachments

• MAP 3.JPG
    MAP 3.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 167
Level 3
I like it. Just do whatever you think looks best for the terrain, and I may add / remove things to make it better suited for the game.

okay, i think this terrain will take longer than i origianlly thought because the map is pretty large. but i will continue:grin:

EDIT: Hopefully will be finished with ¼ of it by tomarrow my time(in like 4 hours is tomarrow for me)

Last edited:
Level 3
hey sorry tonks ima have to drop out og this map terraining, i can give you what i have so far but i just dont have the time sorry.

Attachments

• tag.w3x
    87.4 KB · Views: 107
Level 8
Just wondering... Does it hafta have a beach?
Also, what type of tag is it going to be?

Just create an island as you think it would be. The things I listed are just things that are going to be in there in any case, and if you want to put them in yourself, that would be great.

If it helps; the concept is based largely on diversity. There will be five styles of gameplay, several of which can be activated together: Classic, Swap, Speed Game, Runtag, and Freeze.

Swap and Freeze may not be used together. Speedgame and Freeze may not be used together.

Classic: (this is the default style)
Runners are released thirty seconds before taggers. Runners can build structures to block / create a fort (note that anything you build can not immobilize or completely screw over a tagger). There are 11 different types of buildings. Runners can buy upgrades for themselves and auras to aid allies. Resources are harvested by several means; Steel is gathered from randomly placed steel beds by the runner. Lumber is gathered from trees and returned to Lumber Depo's.
When killed, runners become taggers along with the initial taggers. The tagged players are weaker than the initial taggers, but can improve with time and items.

Speed Game:
Increased runner / tagger movement speeds. Shorter survival time. Stronger taggers. Buildings build faster. Upgrades train faster. Just a more hectic for of Classic.

Runtag:
You may only build ten walls at a time. When you build your sixteenth wall, your oldest wall is destroy automatically. This mode promotes more of a faster, on-your-feet, style of gameplay, rather than sitting in a large fort you construct.

Trap Tag:
Runners use traps, rather than buildings, to evade the taggers. Traps include, but are not limited to, things like Stun, Slow, Silence, Blind, etc..

Different modes to determine what happens when you're tagged:

Swap:
Entirely the same as Classic, excluding being tagged. When tagged, runners swap places with the tagger that tagged them. This mode promotes more of a mini-game style of gameplay, since there would be no goal except to try to stay as a runner.

Freeze:
When tagged, the runners are frozen until unfrozen by fellow runners. To unfreeze a teammate, you must first buy the unfreeze ability from your Upgrade Depo. You can only use the unfreeze ability once, then you must buy it again.

Hope that's enough info. :D

Level 8
I'm about 1\2 done, I haven't worked on it a lot today... been bussy

Thanks for the update. I really do appreciate it. Take all the time you need. I'm going to wait about five weeks to get all the terrains that people have done, and I'm thinking that I may merge some together. Everyone who is doing this will, of course, be thanked in the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.