• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece!🔗 Click here to enter!

Tropical Paradise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
this is my first attempt at a terrain for the sake of a terrain. ironically it's also the furthest i've ever come to completing a warcraft related goal.

i had to upload using photobucket and i believe photobucket likes to automatically convert images to jifs. they were once bitmaps. ya.

they may be big. if they are i will resize them.

there are three shots of this tropical island. this island looks like it came straight from Tropico. but it didn't. i swear.:con:

Island3.jpg

Island2.jpg

Island1.jpg

I don't really have any particular complaints other then there's no real distinguishing part of it - It looks like a nameless tropical island and that's about it. There's no life, no landmarks, no real distinguishing feature. I'd to see you add perhaps some crabs or birds or something to give it some life, and perhaps like a piece of some old ruins or a volcano, or something washed up on it, or etc. etc. - just something to make the terrain actually interesting.

Level 4
Well I agree with WherewolfTherewolf. Also lower the trees into the ground .. it looks ugly when they float.

Status
Not open for further replies.