• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Island Paradise

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Tropical Island Paradise, or is it?
The ruins of ancient civilizations are spread across the entire island. Ruined walls and towers build to protect the island from the roaring tide.
Now you fight, to claim this island!

My first attempt at a melee map,
done in about an hour.
please comment, i dint get time to test it.

The map is a 1v1 based.
4 gold mines, 2 taverns, one island.
good luck!

Keywords:
Melee
Contents

Island Paradise (Map)

Reviews
19:27, 27th Feb 2009 by bounty hunter2: A melee map that has issues, such as only one player, bad terrain and no drops. Rejected until updated and 1/5. You can find my full review Here.

M

19:27, 27th Feb 2009 by bounty hunter2:
A melee map that has issues, such as only one player, bad terrain and no drops. Rejected until updated and 1/5.

You can find my full review Here.

Level 31
The Lies said:
Omg, beautiful map. So great, it was a artistic work. Even better than Da Vinci himself. I would give it 100000000000000000000/5

The Truth said:
This map was indeed a 1 hour creation map. Destructible/doodad seems to be spam in a huge/massive amount. Creep doesn't drop item and was place in a huge amount at unreasonable condition.

12 creep to guard a gold mine that worth just about 1.25k and they doesn't drop item? Oh great.

When I play as blue player, I would be in disaster zone when I was attacking the hydra. Why ? Because 12 little murloc behind him was close enough to notice the fight and guess what happen next? I wound up with more enemy than I could have bargain for.

Also, the path to the enemy base was soo narrow that I think only 1 rat could have gone through it.

What is my rating? 1/5 (Unacceptable). Please test this resources before release it to the public. It was trying to make a rubbish look & worth the weight of diamond

Guess which 1 is my real opinion? (sarcasm)

Level 31
Only one player exist. You expect me to fight against who? Air?

Anyway, entire map is spammed by Rubbles and Shrubs, and between it - empty. Doesn't looks like real enviroment.

12 creep to guard a gold mine that worth just about 1.25k and they doesn't drop item? Oh great.

It's 12.5 k, not 1.25k. Anyway, this sentence of yours made me laugh for real. :)

Level 18
I couldn't test this map against the computer since it doesn't have another player added. It is a critical error that must be fixed.

Island Paradise is a melee warcraft III map two playes. You have to chose one of the four races and defeat your opponent.

Terrain []
Well you didn't use Blizzard cliffs so that is a plus for you. However the pathing blockers are put wrong, you don't need them in the middle just around the mountain. Some of the dodoads are spammed aswell. More tile variation would be nice.

Balance []
Symmetrical so it's fine.

Drops [X]
No drops.

Creeps []
Fitting in the envirnoment.
To conclude, this map was done in a haste, it needs improvements, you need to fix the only one player and thus 1/5 and Rejected until Updated!