• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Paradise v0.1

Kino's Back Catalogue. 2015
Uploaded for posterity :D

PARADISE
Date: 2015, THW MMC 12: Organisation
Genre: Management, Survival
Players: 1

I saw them wash upon the shores of dead Airanga.
Long after the flames had faded and mountain silent.
Where trees had since grown and ash had become soil.
On this verdant isle, behind basalt bastions
They would carve themselves a paradise

158564-albums6670-picture104954.jpg

158564-albums6670-picture104955.png

158564-albums6670-picture104956.png

158564-albums6670-picture104958.png

158564-albums6670-picture104957.png

Overview
Created for THW Map Contest 12: Organisation
A light island survival involving the management of an animal population.
Help your creatures feed, grow and breed.
Survive 20 rounds.

Author's Notes
Rather random in outcome, small map size means that random chance doesn't quite even out as much as it should.

Keywords:
Island, Survival, Murlocs, Ecology, Tropical, Animal, Eat, Grow, Breed, Green, Sea.
Contents

Paradise v0.1 (Map)

Reviews
13:19, 1st Mar 2016 Ardenian: Please add credits for the custom preview picture 18.03.2016 Ardenian: A challenging and hard survival game. The terrain is nice and matches an island. Different difficulty options/commands influencing the game...

M

13:19, 1st Mar 2016
Ardenian: Please add credits for the custom preview picture

Ardenian: A challenging and hard survival game.
The terrain is nice and matches an island.

Different difficulty options/commands influencing the game like the health degeneration and time between season could improve this map a lot.
The current game speed is quite high and does not suit beginners, especially since one does not have to read the tooltips as fast as everything happens.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Paradise v1.0 might fit better than Paradise v0.1 as name/version number

Level 4
Very unusual map, good terrain, interesting mechanic, but too hardcore for me 5/5. Can everyone give me hint? What i must do when i see group of dangerous creatures? When i fight with them all my frogs die, when i running away from them i find more dangerous creatures and they kill all my frogs.

Level 23
When i fight with them all my frogs die, when i running away from them i find more dangerous creatures and they kill all my frogs.

Its not a very well balanced map in general.
However.
> Certain traits are more suited to fighting large creatures while others clean up smaller foes with more ease.
> Keep your population spread out to scout.

Level 1
Love this map! The only problem for me is that it crashes warcraft when I try to load a save.

Level 3
Like this map,but quite hard and RNG dependent.
All the island inhabitants are ganging up and hunting my poor murlocs

Btw,It's possible to crash the game,seems an egg got four same traits