• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Isengard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Isengard [Updated]

Inspired by The Lord of the Rings.

[Updated]

Attachments

• Orthanc FINAL.jpg
    Orthanc FINAL.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 4,781
Last edited:
Level 13
Here are a few things you got wrong 1st ROCK SPAM 2nd isn't isengard surrounded by wallz? and 3rd when was there dead trees near it?

Level 11
Here are a few things you got wrong 1st ROCK SPAM 2nd isn't isengard surrounded by wallz? and 3rd when was there dead trees near it?

Oh, c'mon dude. He said 'inspired'. It's not a 'one-to-one marketing'.. (;

I like it. But .. SCALE IT UP A BIT! The Tower could be bigger.
Furthermore you should add some light, dust and a at least, a bit life.

E: o .. PsychoNerdial got the same impressions :>

Level 13
K what ever i was just saying something thought 1 thing he could do is get rid of a lot of the rocks and add something else then i think it would be better.

Level 10
Hi. Good. More background :)
Trees and tower are not proportionally well. Bigger tower. If not desired too big, smaller trees maybe.

K what ever i was just saying something thought 1 thing he could do is get rid of a lot of the rocks and add something else then i think it would be better.

Yeah. Maybe more dead plants instead. Like thorny bushes or something. Dark grass close to the water. A few dark lily pads or other floating objects in the water maybe.

I get the monotone thing, but a tiny, little bit of life and light wouldn't hurt. Bright, white objects can brighten it up without sparking idyl into it. Try some skulls, trees with white bark, or something. The tower model has some nice, white light on it. Try and replicate that effect in more places.

Level 7

I'm not making a movie replica, this is an artistical intrepertation.

Level 10
Your missing a fog. I don't like the rock spam, it doesn't look good. Not much work spend in the terrain. The idea is nice. You shouldn't place a model of a black tower. Try making a tower off doodads it gives a feeling that you spend more time in the terrain. I hope you improve the next time you make something.

LAWL!!

Wth would you gain by "making it look like you spent more time on it"??? Tell me, Oziris, what rly matters the most? False honor, or happiness for ur own work? Pardon me, but that second last sentence just seems lame to me.

I think you're right about the rest. And he's allready working on the improvements, so that's great.

Level 10
I see. Interesting.

Edit:
Okay.. It's more like Oziris choice of words that put me off. Basically the messages seemed like this to me: "Take the model away and make something yourself instead, so that people will get the illusion that you spent time on it". I know now that's not what he meant, but that's how it definitely seemed to me. Seemed really disillusioning imo, to be honest. The "it gives a FEELING that you spent more time" is the part that put me off. But I can understand now that Oziris didn't mean it in a rude way.

I learned that I shouldn't interpret such ways of expression as rudeness, but as plain constructive feedback.

Last edited:
Level 18
i expect isengard to be more epic. But none the less its an okay piece.

Try scalling things so that isengard seems bigger. For instance, the rock spam in the back is very visible. perhaps use 5 big rocks for the background, and increase the fog a bit. make it seem the mountains are further away.

Level 19
Try to make smoother transactions between the rocks. It will take a lot of time because you have to scale every single rock according to the ones nearby, but it will look less spammy.

Appart from the spam I think it looks quite good.

Well, if you're calling it Isengard, you should know that the tower is the Orthanc and Isengard is the region around it, closed in by the massive, ancient rock walls which the ents later tear down. On that point, the amount of rock spam is massive, and not too efficient at points, they should at least be pointing to different directions. The background parts are quite good though, nice mountains. On the point of it being Isengard, the river is dammed and jammed away somewhere way up in the mountains, during its time of taint.
So yeah, sure, it's an artist's impression of Isengard, however, that impression has already been set solidly in stone by J.R.R. Tolkien, and we just have to roll with his :/

Status
Not open for further replies.