• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Is TRIGSTR Collecting Garbage?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I've just been having a go at converting GUI into vJASS. Since there's a wait delay required I thought it be better using local run of temp variables instead of global ones to prevent the risk of outside trigger passing or bugs that access the same variables. After so many errors, I finally got the trigger to work.

Now I think I've found a new problem. After checking my code I've found this "TRIGSTR".

vJASS:
call DisplayTextToForce(GetPlayersAll(), "TRIGSTR_027")

After testing it holds the string I typed in the GUI debug messages I use for testing code flow. These can be changed into a direct string in vJASS.

If I'm correct. Every time we enter a string in actions like these below. The values are being stored in one of these TRIGSTR.

• Example
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: example debug messa...
      • Game - Display to (All players) for 30.00 seconds the text: example debug messa...
Does the World Editor automatically delete the ones that are no longer used or are they always being stockpiled without us knowing? If this true is it possible to the remove ones no longer used in the map file itself, if possible with the World Editor itself?

In general it's easier to debug things in JASS.

But just also to know-- you're technicaly able to use local variables with GUI, if you shadow their global variables in custom script first.
local udg_ here is explained how to work with shadowing. For some cases it might be an easy and neat solution to work with locals in GUI, even it's not the proper way.

Status
Not open for further replies.