• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Strategy / Risk] Is this/Can this map be worthy?

Map Quality

• Approve with Average Rating

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pending

• Slight Chance of no Rejection

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
General:

Hi guys.

I want to know, will a map like this will be accepted if I fix the things I already know need to be fixed? (I need to fix the training/spell descriptions because most of them are not changed, cliffs, and balancing. There will also be a lot of other changes because I have learned more. Althenias is OP right now.)

http://www.epicwar.com/maps/230781/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About the map:

Battle for Althias Lake. A messy 2v1* base vs base map (a simple strategy map). The idea was to make it similar to Coming of the Horde, with a melee feel. Melee computers work, but they are only used for the side nations of Althias and the Horde Auto-spawn. So it is technically 1(4 AI) vs 2 (1 AI).

I started it last year, but it changed I many ways. I can see many of my old mapping habits present in the map. For some reason people like giving high ratings. Me personally, I think it is fun. It is best to play on local area network with 3 players, but if you are red, Orc Ground Forces, you can battle against the computers. But you have a VERY high chance of winning.

Objective of the game: Create units, Expand your to gold mines, Destroy all of the enemy. (Melee default winning conditions)

Note: There are many problems still, I have done questionable things to fix bugs and glitches. They are temporary.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Story:
I will just tell it. The time is between WoW and TFT.

Then:

There lies the isolated kingdom of Althias. Althias consists of mostly Humans, Dwarves, and High Elves. Few Ogres and Trolls remane from the second war, when the Horde also fought the Althias Kingdom, but only because ferocious winds swept ships towards the unknown shores. Most of the Kingdom was destroyed, but other small nations created an Alliance to kill all of the Orcs.

Now:

A mysterious curse, similar to the blood pact, spread through southern Kalimdor. The curse, did yes, put more anger into them. But, the Horde saw only one enemy, the Old Alliance. They had vision of the past, where Humans slaughtered and tortured them.

The Horde of the South, now consisting of new allies, sailed east and landed in near Althias Lake. More visions were common in warriors, and this time the vision was of Althias Soldiers slaughtering all of the Orc race from the Kingdom. This enraged them. Now, the small rebuilt nations of Althias must unite to exterminate the savages. Althenias, will lead the great army against the Horde Strike.

-The End-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Level 7
Okay, first thing , I think you can add poll using Thread Tool, located on the top if this thread, above from your post
Second, why you upload it in epicwar, you should upload it on paste bin, or using attachment
Last, this is like normal melee, isnt it? Then this must be altered melee

Sorry, I cant test now, I'm using mobile

Level 32
Okay, so I have been uploading these maps to epicwar.com even before BETA (I think it should actually be Alpha though).

Ever played coming of the horde? It is a game where several human kingdoms must defend against the Horde.

Now, it is like melee, techtrees, most units, most heroes are the same (but modified). The horde production speed is a lot faster for humans, to keep the pressure on.

Merge those two.

Walla, that is my map.

Now to make that poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.