• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is this Amon, maybe ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Here, I found this picture on the Internet.

What do you think is this big, bad ass looking hybrid ? Could it be Amon ?
I myself don't think so, I think it is something like a super merge of both hybrid kinds or something similar.
Also, it has no face like the archon, as seen in SC2 WoL, but how knows..

What do you think ?

starcraft-ii-legacy-of-the-void-blizzcon-2014-shakuras-01-100529706-orig.jpg

EDIT:
Ah come on... Searched the image via Google and know now what it is....

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
It is unlikely that is Amon. Like Kerrigan from Wings of Liberty chances are his actual in game appearance is not "epic" but his capabilities are "out of the world".

Blizzard mentioned during Heart of the Swarm production that there are many different Hybrid in the StarCraft universe. They even said they would explore them however it seems they decided to go with Primal Zerg rather than Hybrids as to build tension for Legacy of the Void.

The image of Amon was shown in many of the cinematics. His head is my avatar.

EDIT: Ah come on... Searched the image via Google and know now what it is....
Please elaborate, I searched the image and got dozens of websites repeating the same nonsense that it is a "Blizzcon hype photo".

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

The image of Amon was shown in many of the cinematics. His head is my avatar.
So he actually looks like your avatar ? I always thought it is a place-holder for Blizzard until he makes his appearence, not to mention your avatar was photoshopped, I think drastically increasing brightness.
I suppose it is possible that Blizzard will change the look of Amon, I myself cannot imagine they make him look like an Archon, especially because one of his servants, this Dark Archon, is already an Archon.
Seems a bit too much of Archons / Archon like characters.

Please elaborate, I searched the image and got dozens of websites repeating the same nonsense that it is a "Blizzcon hype photo".

Oh, well, I searched it via Google images and found the starcraft wikia ( not sure about its official status) having an articel about this
hybrid. It seems it is a very powerful hybrid the Protoss will have to face on Shakuras ( not sure about the planet), created by Amon, like a boss unit ( similar to the hybrid boss in WoL, I guess)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I suppose it is possible that Blizzard will change the look of Amon, I myself cannot imagine they make him look like an Archon, especially because one of his servants, this Dark Archon, is already an Archon.
Amon is a Xel Naga. His anatomy is limited to that of Xel Naga which were shown as wall carvings in cinematics. As such his body design is already partially known.

Dark Archons do not serve him. Just like him they draw power from the Void however. That said many Protoss do serve him willingly due to him being aligned with the Void and a Xel Naga, not because they are forced.

Last edited:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Amon is a Xel Naga. His anatomy is limited to that of Xel Naga which were shown as wall carvings in cinematics. As such his body design is already partially known.

Dark Archons do not serve him. Just like him they draw power from the Void however.

Ah, okay, I didn't know.

So Ulrezaj is not his minion ? I saw quotes that state he has a master.

Level 29
Why does Amon toy around with mortals if he has such powers unimaginable ? I think the whole sc2 plot is an carefully orchestrated divertion from whatever actual thing he is doing.
He may very well have planted the vision into Overmind(starting with cultivated his rebellion back on Char) and then directed the whole downfall with the goal to bring the creation together in such a way they will endure without requiring an master ever again.
He may have seen the endeavours of xelnaga to create the perfect form futile as themselves arent, and aslong they influence (corrupt with mere presence) their creations those will never able to become perfect, so he calculated xelnaga must disappear, the cycle must be broken first for the perfect lifeform to come into existence.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Why does Amon toy around with mortals if he has such powers unimaginable ? I think the whole sc2 plot is an carefully orchestrated divertion from whatever actual thing he is doing.
He may very well have planted the vision into Overmind(starting with cultivated his rebellion back on Char) and then directed the whole downfall with the goal to bring the creation together in such a way they will endure without requiring an master ever again.
He may have seen the endeavours of xelnaga to create the perfect form futile as themselves arent, and aslong they influence (corrupt with mere presence) their creations those will never able to become perfect, so he calculated xelnaga must disappear, the cycle must be broken first for the perfect lifeform to come into existence.
Why be powerful when you can be more powerful? It is something like life opposes the void hence he wants to eliminate all life but his perfect being which are exist with the void. Once all life is removed the void will consume everything. Then he will do whatever he wants.

Legacy of the Void will probably explain in more detail why he is doing it, as well as why he was "dead" for a long time and why he betrayed the other Xel Naga.

Zeratul works for the other Xel Naga as hinted in Heart of the Swarm. I am guessing they are the ones which decided that their influence was no longer required where as Amon has other ideas. It could even be Amon seeking vengeance of sorts. We just have to wait and see.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Zeratul works for the other Xel Naga
Other Xel Naga ? Damn, I missed a lot, maybe I will buy HotS now...

I am guessing they are the ones which decided that their influence was no longer required
I thought the Zerg destroyed them ?

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Other Xel Naga ? Damn, I missed a lot, maybe I will buy HotS now...
Yes, it helps if you play the game.

I thought the Zerg destroyed them ?
Just like how everyone thought Amon was dead. Xel Naga are so advanced chances are they are beyond death, or at least know how to reverse it.

Zeratul comes to Kerrigan to warn her of Amon returning. He also discloses to her how to free herself and the swarm of Amon's influence (so as not to revert back to her Queen of Blade form she had previously, which she had no control over) by using Primal essence to evolve her instead of the Swarm essence which was tainted by Amon. He also goes on to reveal that he does this because other Xel Naga told him to do so, even though he will be prosecuted as a traitor when returning for helping the Swarm, the enemy of the Protoss. He then leaves to face trial and fears that he might well die however will accept his fate no matter the outcome as he feels he did the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.