• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Legacy of the Void expectations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
With BlizzCon just around the corner it is no secret that Legacy of the Void will be promoted through the ozone layer. All BlizzCon's so far has rewarded a SCII profile picture that matches a huge reveal of that year, 2011 was a Pandaren Marine, 2013 Stiches and 2014 will be a Protoss. So what are your expectations for Legacy of the Void and what to you hope or dread will happen?

I think we'll more than likelly see a changed UI and maybe some other minor changes and an added unit for each race. Other than that I think we'll only see an additional campaign. The core antagonist for the game seems to be Amon who has been revealed to be defeated by Sarah Kerrigan but as this expansion is about the protoss race I assume Zeratul and his followers will play a role in it. In WoL we had three missions where we played as protoss and in HotS we had 1 where we played as Terran so I predict we'll get at least 1 mission to play as zerg in LotV. In the Hots campaign we also got a mission to play as a broodmother who eventually was abandoned by Kerrigan and she was given the mission to eliminate the protoss so I assume she will be a minor antagonist in the upcoming expansion.

Now for my hopes, as a big zerg fan I hope we get to see a lot from both Kerrigan and the Overmind though the last named seems more unlikely. I also hope this will be the first campaign where Kerrigan isn't romantically saved by her knight in shining armor, James Raynor. I also hope that some good guy of actual value dies so the stakes will actually feel real. And for the love of fudge don't post a trailer that reveals the entire story this time Blizzard.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

So what are your expectations for Legacy of the Void and what to you hope or dread will happen?
Better menus, the current one is clumsy and why does it have to be in full screen? Just make it like LoL's one. Also that you could name the lobby by yourself, just like in wc3. Oh, also a lightning environment like that of wc3's.

I think we'll more than likelly see a changed UI and maybe some other minor changes
Yeah the game needs neater UI :D hope we'll see that!

added unit for each race
They've stated they won't add additional units to the game, at least without taking an unit off per race. I suggest: High Templar, Colossus, Stalker :)

I also hope that some good guy of actual value dies so the stakes will actually feel real.
Like... Abathur???

And for the love of fudge don't post a trailer that reveals the entire story this time Blizzard.
Can you link such a trailer?

Level 24
Better menus, the current one is clumsy and why does it have to be in full screen? Just make it like LoL's one. Also that you could name the lobby by yourself, just like in wc3. Oh, also a lightning environment like that of wc3's.

I don't know if I agree I like the full screened version but they could give you the option to choose.

They've stated they won't add additional units to the game, at least without taking an unit off per race. I suggest: High Templar, Colossus, Stalker :)

Sounds good they've a little more units than they need right now in my opinion.

Like... Abathur???

I wouldn't use him as example (I should have used the word protagonist instead of good guys) but maybe Raynor, Zeratul or Kerrigan could die towards the end.

Can you link such a trailer?

Sure.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

You're right that tells pretty much where the story will go at.

I was just joking about abathur :D But I seriously hope Raynor won't get killed :/

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
They did not post the trailer that reveals the entire story. That was a mistake with their CGI cinematic production company leaking the end cinematic as a WIP example of what they do. It included the dialog, Raynor, Kerrigan and Mengsk end scene. Since we already knew the end 2 years before it was released, there was really no point hiding the plot anymore.

The fact RoS had so few such cinematic (only 1, the trailer) points towards Blizzard firing them as their CGI production company. I would not be surprised if LotV is also done like this, but maybe with the use of real-time in game stuff for cinematic instead.

Level 24
They did not post the trailer that reveals the entire story. That was a mistake with their CGI cinematic production company leaking the end cinematic as a WIP example of what they do. It included the dialog, Raynor, Kerrigan and Mengsk end scene. Since we already knew the end 2 years before it was released, there was really no point hiding the plot anymore.

The fact RoS had so few such cinematic (only 1, the trailer) points towards Blizzard firing them as their CGI production company. I would not be surprised if LotV is also done like this, but maybe with the use of real-time in game stuff for cinematic instead.

Well that's depressing, at least Blizzard still have the same cinematic quality as before as we've seen in WoD.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Warcraft is probably being done by the film studio as part of a bulk contract or something silly. I mean they will have a lot of high quality Warcraft stuff already.

Diablo III: RoS one of its biggest complaints was why it only had 1 real cinematic in it. However, as I said, I would not be surprised if it was due to them not having a cinematic production company to trust after the HotS blunder.

Status
Not open for further replies.