• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Legacy of the Void - Prologue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Anyone here played the prologue missions/the BETA of LotV? If so, what do you think about it? I have yet to play non-campaign maps so I can't judge the main gameplay yet.

I've pre-purchased it (I'd have bought it anyway) and played the three prologue missions. While they were interesting, I felt like they were WAY too short, I spent perhaps an hour, tops, on them. But well, it was only a prologue anyway, so I'm not surprised. The Tal'darim looked total badass (seriously, I want to use that skin for my own protoss).

I also noticed that Dark Templars couldn't morph into an Archon while High Templars could - I guess Dark Archons will return - in the campaign.

Level 7
While they were interesting, I felt like they were WAY too short,
Totally agreed :O I want MORE!

The Tal'darim looked total badass (seriously, I want to use that skin for my own protoss).
It really impress me to be honest, the old skin for protoss (the green one) not attracted me too much, but this one, oh baby :ogre_kawaii:.

I also noticed that Dark Templars couldn't morph into an Archon while High Templars could - I guess Dark Archons will return - in the campaign.
Really? I didn't notice that |: to be honest, I think I morphed Dark Templar into Archons as normal, unsure, trying to remember which mission was :p lol
(ya, I remember the second one that give us HT but was not that).

Ya, I did morph then in the third mission for sure
, because the Sentry shield-recovery was too cool to leave for normal units :D lol

I also noticed a lot of full HD textures and images, that was so cool (and so strange since some icons are too old and too blush'ed).

Level 12
Played them too, they were fun like as expected. But i feel it has the same slight problems as the previous missions in the series. The gameplay is fun, the story is effective, but the dialogue is so cheesey, jesus christ. I feel like they turned zeratul into a cheeseball. Every time he says something, it feels like it should be the tag line in a trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.