• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[JASS] Is there -ANY- possible way to fix a 1.24 patch broken map?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello, I have been searching for some starcraft mod maps, since I can't wait for SC2 to come out. I found a sweet map pack, and it looks fun. It has 2 problems. 1, it is protected in an odd way, so you can only edit it in WEU. 2 The guy turned all the triggers into Jass, (or created them in jass, I dont know). Is there something to fix the broken jass code, so it can be made playable?

EDIT: Im going to upload the map, and you guys can try to fix it if you want to. Ill add +rep too. Thanks for your help so far! http://www.sendspace.com/file/u2mknh If possible, can i get this moved to requests section? How do I flag this for moderators. Hmm, I could always just make another thread in the requests section. I think I will do that. Thanks for your help guys!

Last edited:
Level 28
It is not protected in an odd way, in fact: it isn't protected at all, it just uses WEU-only functions.
If the map uses WEU-only functions, that may also mean the triggering is not good, since WEU-only functions are highly inefficient for nowadays standards: they cause lag and critical errors.

Yes, of course it is possible... it's even really easy, all you need to do is to find the return bug and fix it.
I guess there are plenty of

Basically, this is the return bug:
JASS:
function H2I takes handle h returns integer
    return h
    return 0
endfunction
-> this is a bug because it returns 2 values (which is incorrect, since functions can only return 1 value).
Well, actually this function returns 1 value only (the handle h), but when you leave out the "return 0", the WE gives an error because it expects an integer, not a handle.

Instead of this return bug, blizzard introduced a new function: GetHandleId.
GetHandleId takes a handle and returns an integer. GetHandleId works exactly like H2I functions, like the one above.

ANYHOW: whenever you see that code (the H2I function), replace it with this:
JASS:
function H2I takes handle h returns integer
     return GetHandleId(h) // GetHandleId() is a new native, which will take a handle, and return it's integer ID.
endfunction

I think it's correct ^^

Level 4
thank you so much. Im checkin it out right now. It will be hard to find though. Will it be in the custom scripts part? Or is there a certain type of code its found in?

EDIT: i used some sort of tool for jass. I am just asking if i can use that to search for that h2I code. thanks

Level 4
I tried finding it, I used notepad and ctrl f, and I wasn't able to find anything. JASS is hard for me, I'm used to using the gui. I am going to upload the map, and if you guys can help me, thatd be great. Id also give rep. Thanks!

Level 11
Hello, I have been searching for some starcraft mod maps, since I can't wait for SC2 to come out. I found a sweet map pack, and it looks fun. It has 2 problems. 1, it is protected in an odd way, so you can only edit it in WEU. 2 The guy turned all the triggers into Jass, (or created them in jass, I dont know). Is there something to fix the broken jass code, so it can be made playable?

EDIT: Im going to upload the map, and you guys can try to fix it if you want to. Ill add +rep too. Thanks for your help so far! http://www.sendspace.com/file/u2mknh If possible, can i get this moved to requests section? How do I flag this for moderators. Hmm, I could always just make another thread in the requests section. I think I will do that. Thanks for your help guys!

Hmm, is that night_wolveX's pack? He said he will fix his maps soon, so don't worry.

Level 7
Yes i am working on repairing/releasing new maps that will work with the new patch 1.24b. Unfortunately due to the complexity of the return bug problem which blizzard stuff up for me means i basically just removed almost all my maps custom scripting and disabled all triggers that used handle variables as these needed to be removed in order for me to get my maps to work. This means alot of the advance triggers like my pylon field trigger system is none functional but i don't have the JASS expertise to fix this problem so i think ill just have to leave what triggers i have and update as best i can.

ap0calypse thank you for giving me a starting point at a possible way to make those advance triggers work but i still think there was alot of the WEU advance functions i dont think can be converted to work with the new patch but ill try to fix my triggers with your suggestion and put you in the credits section.

Status
Not open for further replies.