• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[JASS] About 1.24 patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I know for patch 1.24 they realeased alot of new stuff mainly on hastables
i'm curious what they are used for tho, because i looked at a tutorial on hashtables on the tutorial system and it uses GUI but it looks like all it does is make a spell MUI with global variables.

my question is that is it possible to use Hashtables in jass WITHOUT using globals? and also does hashtables replace kattana's handlevars??
so in this case should i start using hashtables or stick wtih handlevars?

Level 8
handle vars are outdated since they were designed like the slow gamecache hashtables are just a new and faster way in storing values but since you got structs in vJass this is just replaces things like H2I etc. like the TimerUtils and GroupUtils were used to use

my question is that is it possible to use Hashtables in jass WITHOUT using globals? and also does hashtables replace kattana's handlevars??

Nobody should be using kattana's handlevars in the first place -_-

my question is that is it possible to use Hashtables in jass WITHOUT using globals?

Well you can use a local hashtable, which wouldn't make much sense -_-

Level 2
no no I know there's no point in using a local hashteble, what I meant was can I use local variables with a global hashtable in the tutorial for hashtables they use glObal hashtable and global variables.

Thanks for all your responses btw

Status
Not open for further replies.