• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Is there a way to prohibit a certain animation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I was wondering if there was a way to prohibit a certain animation for a certain unit without pausing the unit.Something like this: I issue an order targeting a position ,issued order is move/patrol/anything that would cause the unit to play the animation walk.Now I need a way to make a unit to play the stand animation while moving.Is this possible?

Level 6
hmm, not sure about this but one way to do it might be to make the unit slide to the desired location.

Level 18
For as far as I can think of solutions, there are 2 ways to do this.

If you want the unit to play the stand animation always while moving, you need to edit the model and change the walk animation while walking with the stand animation(s)

Another possibility is probably to make a trigger to play the stand animation when the unit is walking, and set animation speed to 0%. If the unit moves fast enough, I think people won't notice the animation is actually frozen. Do remember to set the animation speed back to 100% once the unit stopped moving.

Level 4
thx Avator,donno how I didn't think of that xD I use the animation speed freeze all the time and still didn't think of that possibility ,thanks for the help :) +rep

Question solved,Please CLOSE.

Status
Not open for further replies.