• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is there a system that balances unspent skill points?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
It's kinda annoying when your hero levels up and has 1 or more skill points to spend, and when you check the abilities, you can't use it yet because you haven't reached the required level for the next upgrade.

Is there a way/system to give a hero skill points only when they have reached the required level for an upgrade?

Level 5
Yeah you're right. Just thought that someone made one. Hahaha thanks for answering though.

EdgeOfChaos

E

EdgeOfChaos

Go into your map and level up your hero one-level-by-one. Write down every level if you are able to learn/up a skill at that level.

At the end, you should have a list of levels where you can and cannot learn an ability. Now make a trigger with the Unit Gains a Level event, compare the users level to the list (use an array+loop or hashtable). If it's a "bad" level, deduct the skill point.

Level 5
Go into your map and level up your hero one-level-by-one. Write down every level if you are able to learn/up a skill at that level.

At the end, you should have a list of levels where you can and cannot learn an ability. Now make a trigger with the Unit Gains a Level event, compare the users level to the list (use an array+loop or hashtable). If it's a "bad" level, deduct the skill point.

Thanks for the nice idea!

Level 5
Wow! Thanks for making this! I'll check on this soon, I'll just PM you if I have further questions. Really appreciate it

Status
Not open for further replies.