• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is there a possibility to move through walls, if there is a Window or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
Okay, so i dont explain well, but i need some help, im just testing some FPS features when im bored, and i dont know how to make my physic system complete, due the fact that it stops even if the crates is under, since it would be great to throw things trough a window or over a small wall, so how to do it?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Hehe.jpg
    Hehe.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 158
Well I guess that you will need to make a dumm.
Exemple(if i understood you right)
Make a dummy set to be a grenade.Set it walk to Fly very important
when the dummy enters the region of the window or what ever change it fly high bigger and bigger when he enters another region(beguine of the end) it's high gets smaller meaning its coming down.

I hope I could help you with this :S

Level 3
Also for the grenade going through a window, you could use pathing blockers. Set the grenade = air unit and just place a pathing blocker for block ground only at the window. Walls would use the pathing blocker for both ground and air. If we saw the system it would be easier for us to help you.

Level 4
Follow the idea of the dummy unit. Make a unit with the model of the granade or whatever, give it locust ability (i heard someone who said caos ability also turned collision off, but I haven't tried it) and order the unit to move to the target point.
Now, how do you know which places you can throw through, I don't have any idea.
(I also tried an option from the object able that said that it allowed you to transit over that are, but it didn't work)

Status
Not open for further replies.