• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Is there a functional aura system on Hive ?

Hello,

After some search I've found the following results for "aura system" search, but they all have issue.
Edit: I saw that Nestharus' also created a AuraStruct but haven't found any feedback on it yet.

Do you know of a working system I haven't found ?
Should I try fixing by myself one of the bugged items ?

Last edited:

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Axarion's system is from 2010 and apparently has bugs that have not been addressed in 13 years. Obviously not ideal.

Anachron and Leonguyen both require JNGP which is not ideal.

The Guhun aura system looks basic and poorly designed, I doubt you'd want to choose this one over any of the others.

Quackerd's looks solid and can be fixed very easily (reverse the parameters in the highlighted code):
1696897148901.png

I'd go with with Quackerd's system since it's the newest and only requires Table. It also seems to be using a more advanced design that I assume would yield better performance.

I made an Aura system in GUI with an emphasis on easy to use, but I'm using the standard Unit Group / Pick Every Unit approach that I imagine has far worse performance than an Array approach that manages the Auras in a smarter way and processes things faster.

I made an Aura system in GUI with an emphasis on easy to use, but I'm using the standard Unit Group / Pick Every Unit approach that I imagine has far worse performance than an Array approach that manages the Auras in a smarter way and processes things faster.

Have you by any chance made it public ? I don't find in in your profile resources :)

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Have you by any chance made it public ? I don't find in in your profile resources :)
Here's two of them:

A more recent one with the same design:

Again, I can't promise anything special, these were designed for users requesting a GUI aura that they could easily customize.