• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Is it worth to buy and play Star Wars Battlefront 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Hi guys,

I was thinking of buying this game. I saw the graphich on Internet, and it is outstanding. However, accoridng to several opinions on the Internet, the game itself is too simple, especially for single player. And the gameplay is boring after a while.

Is it really that bad?
I already have some Star Wars games e.g. SWKOTOR 1-2, and Jedi Kinght 2.

Thanks in advance.

Level 24
Look, just no, don't buy that failure of a game. If you log onto steam right now you can buy Star Wars Battlefront II for 2,5 Euros, really trust me, you're going to have so much of a better time.

Level 21
That has to be the most extensive review I've ever seen. :D
Bni8uYOIgAEwaPt.png:large

Level 19
if you are looking for a starwars game to play

Jedi academy wasn't bad

it just have zero replay ability

maybe a months worth of single player

other than that all starwars games suck

Last edited:
Level 24
I don't know if you want to put a lot of hours into a Star Wars game I'd recommend Star Wars: The Old Republic, its completely free up to level 50 so it doesn't really hurt to try it out either. I don't think I've ever gotten so many hours out of a free-to-play game with the possible exception of Pokemon Go. It is an MMORPG however so it does require you to like the grinding aspect of the game.

Level 15
Maybe I should try to pick it up from Gamestop then, you better be able to play as Vikings.
Yes, you should, it is an excellent game, and entertain you. :) Also, we can join multiplayer, if you want.

Thanks for your advices, I al so glad I bought CIV5 instead. In the shop it was much cheaper. I played a lot with Jedi Academy, it is entertaining, but a bit boring after a while. But teh jediy abilities are excellent.

I never played SW The Old republic, but I will look for it in the store. I heard that it will be cool. I already played SWkotor (have you played it too?) I like it, but the beginning is a bit boring. And the second part of it is even more boring, and repetative.

I also play Europa Universalis 4. :) One of my friends recommended to me. You should try it too, you will love it, and you can rewrite history. :)

Level 24
Yes, you should, it is an excellent game, and entertain you. :) Also, we can join multiplayer, if you want.

Thanks for your advices, I al so glad I bought CIV5 instead. In the shop it was much cheaper. I played a lot with Jedi Academy, it is entertaining, but a bit boring after a while. But teh jediy abilities are excellent.

I never played SW The Old republic, but I will look for it in the store. I heard that it will be cool. I already played SWkotor (have you played it too?)

I did buy it but never played it because I couldn't get it to work on my computer sadly.

I like it, but the beginning is a bit boring. And the second part of it is even more boring, and repetative.

I also play Europa Universalis 4. :) One of my friends recommended to me. You should try it too, you will love it, and you can rewrite history. :)

Europa Universalis... can't put my finger on it but I think I've heard about it... somewhere... Oh yeah! :D

vfzTKBB.png

Level 19
There is balance in the Force (hopefully):
The Best Star Wars Games of All Time
The Dark Side - The 10 Worst Star Wars Games Ever

I personally like Tie Fighter (MS-DOS CD-ROM version).
the reason I say they suck is because I've cheated and changed the aspects of most games so I could have all the powers

and guess what!

it changes nothing, you still feel as if your character is slowly getting stronger and the reason for that is because they use a bell curve.

you can't use any special strategy to select the best powers for your class so that you can become the greatest, because those powers effectively mean nothing.

cumulative difficulty sucks when it's done in such a way that your actions count for nil

Level 15
I did buy it but never played it because I couldn't get it to work on my computer sadly.
What operating system you have? You can change combatible mode to Win7/XP sp3, this might helps. Or turn off unnecessary video settings.

There is balance in the Force (hopefully):
The Best Star Wars Games of All Time
The Dark Side - The 10 Worst Star Wars Games Ever

I personally like Tie Fighter (MS-DOS CD-ROM version).

That was interesting, thanks. :) Of course, SWKoTOr is the 2nd. And because it is a 2014 article, the SW Battlefront 3 is not on the list.

To tell you the truth, I would like to play a star wars game, which has not only astonishing graphics, but you can play with every SW character, and on every location, you can re-live the movies, and make yyour custon game too. You would also play with Rey, Luminara, Leia, and even with IG-88.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
You are welcome.

[...] And because it is a 2014 article, the SW Battlefront 3 is not on the list
Given which games are already listed, I do not believe SW Battlefront 3 could ever appear on such limited ones, which also mix different kinds of games. There are so many SW games already, and so many more are yet to come...

Google allows to easily find more up to date lists. One only has to search for 'star wars best games' within the last month. Beware of the Kotaku Australia list of 'Every Star Wars Game Ever, From Worst to Best'. It might bring one's old PC down to its knees, because it is ridiculously shock full of videos on a single page.

To tell you the truth, I would like to play a star wars game, which has not only astonishing graphics, but you can play with every SW character, and on every location, you can re-live the movies, and make yyour custon game too. You would also play with Rey, Luminara, Leia, and even with IG-88.
The Way of the Modding is your only hope, I guess. :wink:

Attachments

• star-wars-video-games.jpg
    star-wars-video-games.jpg
    741.1 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.