• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[360]Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Well, I'm sure you've all seen the hype over the most recent Star Wars game to hit the shelves. And, being a large SW fan myself, decided to take a risk, buy the damn thing, and have at it for 48 hours non-stop. And heres what I think.

What they did right:
Easy to use force powers right off the bat, letting you slam people against walls or out windows into space from the get-go. Saber combat is fun and easy, animations are nice, and the combat system flows nicly. The story fills in the blanks on how the Rebel Alliance was born between III and IV, showing the lighter side of Lord Vader- for a short time at least. Also, great unlockible costumes and lightsabers. The robe you wear on the final mission is based of the robes the Al'tiere wears in Assassion's Creed. ALSO a black lightsaber can be unlocked. Fucking bad-ass.

What they did wrong:
Repative game play, DUMB AI, linear game play, boring boss fights, some lazy modeling for enviorments, un-balanced enimies- some going down in one swipe, others taking 15 or so minutes to kill, and the ocasional being zerged by knock-down attacks. -.-

Really is a must-play if you're a SW fan. If you're not, and just looking for a good hack-and-slash game, wait for God of War III. This thing is good if you want to learn more about the expanded universe for the series, otherwise, give it a rent and save yourself $40.

Level 36
I've played the demo, and I'll say it now: This game is really more akin to Battlefront than Jedi Knight, so those (Like I was) that were looking for the next installment of that series, keep waiting.

The graphics are good ocassionally, but the hack-and-slash saber as well as boring force powers just keep the game stale after you've used them all.

Really, by the end of the demo I was already bored of the game.

Try killing an AT-ST? Just the same thing, lightning, push, slash, repeat. It's no fun. The lightsaber combat is basically non-existant, just the same combo moves and slashing motions.

The technology involved doesn't get utilized to it's maximum capacity either. From what I found, the targetting was hard to use, especially when trying to target someone far away when a little box was in front of you. Giant pain in the ass.

As a die hard SW-Fan, I give this one the pass.
The over-the-top ragdoll-ness of it all doesn't really fly either. They should have given you splash force effects (And you might get them later in the game, I don't know) that would take care of a large number of enemies at once, not killing them, but stopping them from attacking you for the time being. That would make it more fun.

And trying to kill a TIE fighter by throwing shit at it? GL HF. I ended up bending the braces so that they flew into them because I couldn't toss a bin at a TIE fighter to save my life, much less when every time it hits you with it's lasers you drop whatever you were aiming.

Level 13
As a die hard SW-Fan, I give this one the pass.
The over-the-top ragdoll-ness of it all doesn't really fly either. They should have given you splash force effects (And you might get them later in the game, I don't know) that would take care of a large number of enemies at once, not killing them, but stopping them from attacking you for the time being. That would make it more fun.

You do later, and it's VERY helpful.

And trying to kill a TIE fighter by throwing shit at it? GL HF. I ended up bending the braces so that they flew into them because I couldn't toss a bin at a TIE fighter to save my life, much less when every time it hits you with it's lasers you drop whatever you were aiming.

You can force grip the TIE's thats how I killed them at least. But yes,the aming mechanism is broken. Laer on in the game when you grip a star destroy out of the sky, you're interupted by flights of TIES, and you either grip them and throw them down like a smart person would do, or throw an ion booster at them with the retarded force throw and miss 9 out of 10 times. It really reminds of the CLone Wars movie. They could have done such a better job then they did. Saddens me. =[

Status
Not open for further replies.