• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

"is attacked" trigger glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I have a trigger that spawns stuff whenever a certain unit attacks using the "Is attacked" event, but if i issue and attack and stop JUST before, the trigger would fire and skip the unit's attack cooldown... leading to an abuse of the trigger. how do i fix this?

Level 16
Seas =)

I think I know what you meaning. You can use the event "Unit - Unit takes damage"

You can use
  • Unit - Your Units Takes damage
For help: For example you want this trigger for every footman. You have to add the event with another trigger like:
  • Actions:
    • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units of type Footman) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Trigger - Add to (Your Trigger(not this)) the event (Unit - (Picked unit) Takes damage)
The "attacked" stuff - if you start a trigger with that - the trigger will start just when you abort the attack. So take "Takes Damage".

Level 9
I heard if you use a wait function in there, the is attacked, or attacking will glitch up. Try triggering unit once instead.

Someone told me this.

Status
Not open for further replies.