• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Burst Fire? Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi there, I'm fairly new to map making but learning fast.

Basically what i want to do is, whenever a certain unit attacks, it attacks three (or four, or five) times.

Havn't managed to find a way to do this yet, have been trying with:

Events
Unit - A unit Is attacked
Conditions
(Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Phase Emitter
Actions
Unit - Reset ability cooldowns for (Attacking unit)
Wait 0.50 seconds
Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Human Priest - Inner Fire (Attacked unit)
Wait 0.50 seconds
Wait 0.50 seconds

The map is for a TD - so bare in mind there could be 10 to 20 of these units attacking at the same time. Also its not that important, but i like my maps to stand out, and most TD's are the same old boring stuff.

Anyone got any idea's?

Level 6
or.... what u can do is have cooldown of attacking to 0, then after 3 attacks make him wait... 3 sec lets say, can't do the trigger off the top of my head, but i remember i have done it b4 (can't go and look cause i lost all those files when hard drive died) so yah, if i can reamamber i will help... i know its possible tho

Level 3
*shrug* The best way I can see is in the animation. The Marine, for example, only attacks and does damage once, but the animation and sound make it appear as though he's firing three or four times.

Level 15
Welcome to THW !
Attacking with inner fire? :eekani:
The thing you could add is an Orb with the frost arrow ability which will cause 2 missles on a attack ( so a doubleattack)
Then just add this lil trigger
  • Double attack
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Gleich My Unittype (Unit with Orb)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Attacking unit) to Attack (Attacked unit)
Or do u want to know how to make a split shot?

Level 6
Thanks for all your help, i've been playing around now with dummy units and kinda got it to work.

IhateArthas - yours seems the easiest/best way to go about it, i'll see if i can make it happen:) thx again!

Level 6
So this is what i have now:

• Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Phase Emitter
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set mana of (Attacking unit) to ((Mana of (Attacking unit)) + 1.00)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Mana of (Attacking unit)) Equal to LevelBurst[(Player number of (Owner of (Attacking unit)))]
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Pause (Attacking unit)
          • Wait LevelBurst[(Player number of (Owner of (Attacking unit)))] seconds
          • Unit - Set mana of (Attacking unit) to 0.00
          • Unit - Unpause (Attacking unit)
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing

And basically, it works perfect - provided there is only one Phase Emitter attacking, if there are any more they don't get paused. :( How do i over-come this?

Right now i'm playing around with setting 'attacking unit' to a variable which is an array, so that it can store all attacking phase emitters then pause them individually when their mana = whatever.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.