• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is anyone willing to take over the bots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Back from the dead I come to act decent and let the community go on without me. So yea, I've been checking on and off every coupla weeks to keep the version of the map on the bots updated, but that's about all the care I can afford right now especially with my time more restricted than even before when I went ~18 months away-from-game.

To improve that, someone please step forward and take over the bots. I'm quite sure they will thrive much better in your capable hands than mine. So far, my good ol' friend samuel ("unifreshman" on forums / O_Osamuel on B.net & Garena) has offered to take over after the month-long period I couldn't log in to Garena Plus for some unknown reason, and I finally did today via proxy.

About Fellowship of Fun group on Garena, I hear Jumbo and SaikoDemon have made a replacement group or something of the sort, which is all happy news to me. So if someone could remove Group ID: 166240 from Vestra's sticky and replace it with the new group they made, it would prevent further confusion for people who are looking for a place to join and find game.

The bots are paid for, up till May 1, 2016 so that's six months without worry and in that period you can gather donations like Shapy did or save up a few bucks to pay the bill yourselves, or a combination of both.

Support is very good; they even put up with my sometimes stupid questions and requests and also my perfectionist server-changing campaign to find best location, latency settings and such. Everything is jut about ready and all you need to do is login and upload maps occasionally. For further info and help, I'll be updating and answering this thread.

Last edited:
Level 8
elo~ ez

+1 for Sammy taking over bots. If you give me access though I can keep the bots updated always (even if I'm not active for any reason).

I haven't made any groups though. For reference to other players I only know 2 gaias groups that are sort of active atm (20274429 & 807825), and ofcourse USWest Clan ORPG always has some player. I'm also taking high level active players for my clan (351764).

Last edited:
Level 5
I would surely not mind psycho demon (just wanted to do the romaji misreading joke one last time :D), you are responsible enough and I've never seen you treating people unfairly, which speaks for quite a lot. Since sammy came forth with the initiative since about 20 days ago, and you are + for it, I'll go with him. I believe your and other admins' status will remain as is, unless for some unforeseeable reason he will see fit to change that, which I don't think will happen.

Sammy my bruh, thank you so much again for stepping forward. The convenience aside, the glorious stats are also something of value for our numbered community so not losing the bots means a good lot. I wanted to wait a coupla weeks to see who is willing to take over but I don't see how it's necessary anymore. So, sammy PM me your email with which you want to login to luanghost.com and I'll take care of it.

Level 8
Thanks again for maintaining the bots all this time ez. All the best with whatever you got going on. (I left you a present in PM, enjoy)

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Can I btw ask you to update the map to the new (10) release as your first official act?

As always in maps section:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...73c7cde20c662de046bd85ca5&dateline=1446055693

This one fixes a major bug that could be exploited easily (and even unknowingly), so please update the bot ASAP.

BUGFIXES/GENERAL:
- Fixed a tooltip bug with Souls
- Fixed a bug with stashes not appearing correctly when loading vaults
- Removed shadows from stashes
- Fixed a bug where sometimes souls appeared out of nowhere when importing characters
- Fixed a bug that allowed leveling souls further even after reaching level 25 with a base class
- Summoned units no longer drop souls
- Nether Circles can now disenchant 3 green souls combined with a magic item of itemlevel 35+ to create a blue soul
- Playback position of background themes will not be stored and recovered after leaving a bossbattle
- Sound effect from Lightning Blade will not properly cut off if the distance to the model is too large
- Slightly Increased Battering Ram AoE
- Fixed a bug with some soul skins not properly getting displayed (does not fix issues with incorrect filepaths on the Extension Pack, though)

I hope these were the last issues. I definitely want to focus on the new bosses now.

Maybe I can release a new boss battle to test this weekend.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
To be honest, after seeing what damage has been done through the bug (I see so many people running around with 2 legendary buffs that don't even have a char that is able to kill the highlevel bosses required for them to drop), I feel inclined to wipe the Vault codes.

But I don't want to punish the players that farmed them legit, so, ... looks like I have to swallow it here.

Level 8
Filter? I don't see how there could be any difference that the game could pick up between legit souls, exploit souls or even cheated souls for that matter. The only difference is what you personally feel is fair and deserved (which is what keeps us decent players from cheating).

If there was a way to detect cheated items, all rpg mapmakers would have implemented that system... and cheaters would have found a way reverse-engineer and bypass the system. Pointless, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.