• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I'm out. Looking for a substitute owner for FoF and the Hostbots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
FoF:
------

Group Name: Fellowship of Fun
Group ID: 166240
History: Bit over two years (third remake. 1st was just a Garena chat, 2nd was Gaia's Hall of Fame)
Current Member Cap: 250
Current # of Members: 187
Trimmed of Inactives: Only once, about six months ago, down to a harsh ~50 from over 200
Current Status: Being disbanded by end of July 2014. ~45 days as of this post.

If anyone is willing to keep Gaia's most active-over-the-years and friendliest player base on Garena alive, please create a group and contact me for the rest of the process, which is just inviting others, with which I can help.

To make a group big enough to hold hopefully all the members currently here in FoF, you will need to spend some shells. I'd give you as much as you need but that option is disallowed by the empty brains behind Garena. For further stuff, you can contact me here via this thread or PM, or on Garena: eAzY_8765

Hostbots:
-----------------

Service Provider: Luna Ghost
Already Paid Until: March 30th 2015, with extra 10 Garena rooms for Farmbot, but I haven't even found the time to set those rooms yet.
Current Servers: Farmbot is on Estonia (good but not excellent), Dungeon is on Seattle (average, bit laggy).

The rest is pretty pretty simple. You'll get an account there after I send an email ordering service transfer and it's all yours. I'll provide help while I'm at it if there's something I know and you don't. Their support is always responsive so no worries. I know coz I talked their brains out over server tests, which we are in middle of.

I'll move FB to Italy, and DG to NY or the NL as a last thing, coz those are the better servers after my tests. After that you'll pretty much have nothing to do but to email them if anything happens (rarely does) and look over things and warn/timeban/perma-ban game ruiners. And you find those once a year at worst and there are other admins to help you too, so again, it's a piece of cake.

If you want to keep playing Gaia's with convenience, step forward!

Level 5
Says who?

Says I. It's a webUI with some settings that need no specific knowledge to change. I already have done some trial and error and found good values for them so basically you just need to do what I said above. It's not a piece of your cake, if you meant that as a tease noobcake :D

Level 2
Says I. It's a webUI with some settings that need no specific knowledge to change. I already have done some trial and error and found good values for them so basically you just need to do what I said above. It's not a piece of your cake, if you meant that as a tease noobcake :D

2400458-5303700119-tumbl.png

Level 1
I know it's a bit late but man I hope someone came forward and took you up on your offer. It was pretty convenient to have bots always running (although I don't think I've played since you stepped in, what with garena removing the lan option), and you should be commended for spending your time (and money I assume) for keeping them up. I also really liked the group, I hope when I can play again it'll still be there.

P.S. Does this mean you're not gonna be playing anymore?

Level 5
I know it's a bit late but man I hope someone came forward and took you up on your offer. It was pretty convenient to have bots always running (although I don't think I've played since you stepped in, what with garena removing the lan option), and you should be commended for spending your time (and money I assume) for keeping them up. I also really liked the group, I hope when I can play again it'll still be there.

P.S. Does this mean you're not gonna be playing anymore?

I hope someone does too. Thanks for the compliments.
If the changes Zwieb mentioned will take effect on next 1.2 version I got a feeling it'll all stop making sense to me and yea I won't play.

Level 4
What i dont like is:
Power = Spell power?....
Reflexes = Spell Haste?....

The reason i dont like these changes is simply because they make so sense. They might give better options/variety for builds but they dont make sense and thats enough for a reason to not play a game for a person with strong point of view.
Its the same reason why i dont play Diablo 2 because there are Immunities in it. For example you can find Baal being immune to physical !! LOL? thats simply absurd and not matter how fun the game can be i wont play it.
Gaming has become something more than playing a fun game. For many people (also me) its gaming VS ideology.

Level 5
I'm not quite sure what you mean with that. You feel those changes are not a good idea?

Besides the fact that I can't disagree with what doubtful said, I already left my immediate opinion on your thread introducing the changes. Perhaps you didn't read it, or did but didn't care? I wouldn't blame you either way. I've been talking too much lately. My opinion was Ctrl+W. Means I don't even wanna recognize half of the things written there.

1. There is a reason warcraft was popular in its time and it still can be. And that's cause they stuck to principles when they made it. "Intelligence-Agility-Strength" system, if used now, will sound cliche or classic but it is the best, and it works, and it makes sense. Now something fancy, but "true" in meaning is both welcomed and refreshing. Like the wisdom-constitution system you added to them.

A character's "power" giving him/her the ability to cast spells and make those spells more powerful... I don't even know how to criticize here. An umbrella term like "power", simply is too wide and generic. The first things it brings to my mind is force, like physical.

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

2. A reflex is a "response" to some sort of a stimulus. It's a reaction, not an action. Agility made sense because it means general nimbleness of movements of the limbs; not in response to something. Reflexes improving evasion makes sense, cause the attack has to happen and the evasive maneuver is a "response" to it. But attack speed etc are not the same story.

images

Dude I make my own luck. Other than that, what fun is there in playing RPGs? Instead of seasoned skills and situational sharpness, my "luck" allowing me to hit the target somewhere it hurt bad? I mean.. can you even imagine from a "roleplaying" point of view what that'd be like?

Imagine you're a hunter. Which one of these situations do you wanna be?

a. You're fighting a boss with your friends and doing the same old "pull the arrows out, draw the bow and shoot" routine without a care in the world and looking at the birds and whistling up in the air enjoying the fine weather and all that drama, and just suddenly out of pure luck one of your arrows hit the boss dude in the eye and oopse.. wow, I'm so lucky I scored a critical. Yay!

b. Same situation except you actually aim for weak spots and wait for perfect timings, best angle, you read body languages and physical reflexes of the target etc etc, and you go "earn" the critical.

And what will be the game logic behind levelling "luck"? The more experience I get the more lucky I become?!

4. Stamina, in its English sense, is endurance, resilience. In its gaming sense also, it's something very similar in every game that includes it. It can't ever relate to health; it's got nothing to do with it. "Constitution" made sense because according to any dictionary you check it can mean physical vigor/health.

5. With "Spirit" added to your system, if you look over the whole thing again, you can ask yourself "then where is the role of arcane knowledge.. wisdom.. intelligence.. etc". I mean you can go on the road and see an old dude with long white beard and a deep aloof look on his eyes carrying a stick of wood. Then you ask him if he can do magic and he shows you a coupla tricks (non-pedo) and he explains to you how he did it. Then what do you say in admiration? What a "power"-full mage or what a "spirited" mage? I'd say what a "wise" old man.

The CON and WIS effects on potions are gone. To compensate for that change, health potions will now heal slightly more.
Do I detect yet another neglection of the mana pots?

A fixed amount of max health and max mana is now also gained for each level, depending on the selected class.
Depriving the freedom of custom builds? Whae?!

I won't go on to the skills, it will take too much. But I found them overly basic for this deep into the game with only 3 or 4 areas remaining of the map to finish.

All in all, what I saw on that page was conflicting with my sense of mythology, genre-breaking, and lore-unfriendly. I mean it's fine if Gaia's had its own genre from the get-go and were made with innovational and newly-imagined lore and myth behind it but that kinda thing won't be born easily, and Gaia's is a classic type.

It all strikes me as one fast conclusion:
You don't believe in what you are making. Namely, you don't believe in magic. Or that it ever existed. Even though you're making a game dripping with magic everywhere. If you don't believe it, it will corrode away from the core. If you don't then who will? There will be a world of difference when you believe in it and then start imagining things. Maybe in my post about skill suggestions, when you read spells I imagined about necro, bishop and sorc specifically, you could see they were wilder than the others. My imagination is not trapped by my disbelief. And I even hate religions but I can still relate to and imagine stuff about bishop.

Magic is the son of a mind so acute it cuts through the fakeness of reality like a kitchen knife does a piece of butter, and a willpower bigger even than the person's own weltanschauung. That's how a mage creates something that's not supposed to exist in reality. Because his will is greater than even his own perception of reality. This desirable imbalance cannot be achieved by weakening the weltanschauung until it reaches below your willpower. It only works the other way around. And willpower is in turn born from deep knowledge and self-esteem; and knowledge from the intelligence to pick it up and learn it.

So when intelligence gives you the power to create magical effects or elemental strikes, I can accept it. But "power" or such, I cannot.

So on so forth blah blah.. I can go on all day about stuff like that but it's all getting cliche and boringly over-elongated.

Last edited:
Level 9
I read through, and it seems like you're criticizing the names of each of the "stats" rather than what they actually do, would other names for the "stats" be acceptable, or do you want the new system to not be implemented period.

Level 31
Gaming has become something more than playing a fun game. For many people (also me) its gaming VS ideology.

lol wtf? dude this isnt even a full game its a wc3 map and ur getting way 2 riled up about it

your text

do u even know what ur criticising? ur just questioning the names of the stats, not anything about mechanics or what they do. who cares what the names are??? i dont think anyone else is concerned about that. and it's not like this is a table-top rpg. u dont need a logical explanation for the stats.. theyre just there for gameplay. explain to me why someone can walk and fight perfectly fine at 1 hp from death than he could at max hp? logically, he'd be on the brink of death at 1 hp.

Level 4
Got to say you made a pretty stupid comment.
What if "its only a wc3 map"? when in actuallity its better from many rpgs? Now you are the one sticking to names and below you accuse Kyuzo? And again, you are wrong even there. Obviously you dont understand what he is trying to say.
The whole subject is a matter of principles.

Who cares what the names are ???!? I say you lack in thinking.
Ok since you dont care what the names are lets do this.
We create 5 attributes and name them like this:

Attribute 1 (increases spell power and evasion)
Attribute 2 (increases attack speed and armor)
Attribute 3 (increases physical damage and magic resistance)
Attribute 4 (increases critical chance, critical power and health)
Attribute 5 (increases increases spell haste and armor penetration)

Why only 5 attributes? why not 15? I actually think that Attribute 1 should also increase armor penetration.
Why name Fire Lord, Fire Lord? Lets name it Flying Giant.
I also think swords should be able to shoot lazers in sheep shape.

Damn my ideas are so many. Im going to stop here.

Ok. Seriously now. Its all about principles.
As with human beings, a game also has to have its own priciples on which you can build all the rest.
So a questions arises? What makes the game's principles? A quick answer is the story.
More detailed: the type of world? magical or non-magical? a world of dinosauros? middle ages? modern ? etc etc.

I will give you an example. I used to look for some Diablo 2 mods and i came across a mod with dinosauros in it..... Seriously??!?
Diablo is a game that takes place in Middle Ages. Its a dark religious world with demons and undeads. WTF are dinosaurs are doing there? Lets bring alliens also and we are done..... I hope you see what im trying to say.

Level 5
would other names for the "stats" be acceptable, or do you want the new system to not be implemented period.
The names and what they do are not two separate things. They're indeed one and the same. The name is just the essence of all the things you need to know about that stat. A name immanently guides your imagination to all you need to know with little room for mistake. It's much like this fireball example by Zwieb himself.I can't bring myself to criticize what they do as well as their names, cuz it wudn't be just, since they haven't been seen in action. But I can't relate to ideas like "power" being the defining variable factor for both a warrior and a mage characters' damage output. They are inherently different. This creates overlapping edges. It sounds inept and hastily decided; no offense.
lol wtf? dude this isnt even a full game its a wc3 map and ur getting way 2 riled up about it
I don't take Gaia as "just a <insert random careless phrase here>". It isn't a "just a... " anything. It's a game everyone who's ever played it has loved, and I literally quit coupla other hobbies of mine to create a player base for it and keep it played. It's been made with care, it's beautiful, simple and to-the-point; not to mention it actually focuses on teamplay. And that's why we can and will get riled up about every little detail.
ur just questioning the names of the stats, not anything about mechanics or what they do.
It's not my job to define what they do, I'm not the game maker and they haven't been tested yet. I'm the player. So it's my job to state my opinion how it feels to play it like that. The mechanics, if at all in need of improvement will be criticized later accordingly and with valid gameplay proof, like I have done in the past. The changes in 1.1n were born to some extent based on my critical post. Things didn't exactly get perfect but they got better for sure.
who cares what the names are???
I.
I don't think anyone else is concerned about that.
I don't think anyone cares as little as you do about Gaia's. Some people just ignore their little ideas and don't speak them out. So they play whatever you put on the table in front of them. I refuse to be noncommittal.
and it's not like this is a table-top rpg. u dont need a logical explanation for the stats.. theyre just there for gameplay.
And it never will be or ever have to be. You do need a basic degree of logical explanation for the basic things or else nothing makes sense. No they ain't there just for gameplay. They're there to add immersion and credibility as well.
explain to me why someone can walk and fight perfectly fine at 1 hp from death than he could at max hp? logically, he'd be on the brink of death at 1 hp.
If that level of reality could be implemented it would be fine too, but it can't under worldedit at least, and anything that gets in the way of smooth gameplay, even if it's there for immersion and realism, is excessive, cause in the end the player's satisfaction is the ultiamte goal.

So yea the character should wriggle in pain and be unable to walk properly, but then it would interfere with the gameplay, so it's not needed. But if you read my skill suggestion post, I put a similar effect under "Sanctimonious Indignation" for crusader that would reduce the amount of damage he could tough out the more his health dropped. Stuff like that can be worked out. They will add a necessity for "careful gameplay" to the game but the last decision lies with Zwieb.

Last edited:
Level 9
Actually zweiblechen is only limited, due to wc3, to only 5 abilities that can be "bought" on level up. To clear up the thought that zweib can make 15 different stats to increase.

Also I think the way he seperated what each skill does is fine, so that characters dont become overpowered by just stacking one skill, like if spellpower and spellhaste were the same skill, or attackpower and attackspeed, I think he needed to seperated the skills and their equal but opposite (attackpower and spellpower, attack speed and spellhaste) also keeping Hp and evasion together in my opinion is a good idea since their both defensive (but together is not overpowered) and spirit I think was just made to be the neutral stat that any class can benefit from,or to help with summons.

However I am not sold on the critical aspect of the new system, I feel that that part should be replaced with something else.... maybe get rid of the luck stat completely and just seperate attackpower and spellpower.

Last edited:
Level 21
Zwiebelchen said:
Power: Increases attack power and spell power by 1% per point.
Reflexes: Increase attack speed by 1.5% and spell haste by 1 per point.
Luck: Increases crit chance by 1% and crit damage by 2% per point.
Stamina: Increases maximum health by 1.5% per point. Increases Evasion by 0.5% per point.
Spirit: Increases all resistances by 1% per point. Increases all attributes by 0.75% per point.

I feel there should somewhat be a limit on how much a player can focus on one attribute and how specialized it can be. This has so far been quite good in gaias, because a crusader still needs damage, despite being a tank, while healers still need health, despite not being toe-to-toe with anyone.
But yes, there should be a differentiation between different forms of damage. Atm the skills feel oversimplified to me. Power can just be called "damage". Reflexes are just "do everything faster/more often".

To explain what I would prefer as a core philosophy I'll write what system I use in a map of mine

There are only 3 main attributes, but each of them carries 4 stats that best emphasize the role of each core role:

Defense - 0.05 health regeneration. 30 health. 2 armor rating. Increases power of str abilities.
Offense - 1 damage. 2% attack rate. 1 efficiency rating. Increases power of agi abilities.
Magic - 0.05 mana regeneration. 30 mana. 1 armor pierce. Increases power int of abilities.

All or most of the stats can also be acquired separately in higher amounts.
1 resource point can give 1 point to an attribute(def,off,mag) or 3 points to any specific stat(damage,health,attack rate).
This means that it's possible to specialize if you really want to focus on one role, but that it comes at a cost.

Each core attribute has an attitude:
Defense - Unkillable - Everything here makes the hero harder to kill.
Offense - Unexhaustible - Increases free damage(attacks), while also increasing the damage of abilities and making them cost less mana.
Magic - Powerful (but exhaustible) - Highest offensive power and versatility, but have to choose when to use it, as mana regenerates slowly. The piercing is to make sure that the damage you deal actually gets through at least mostly.

Their abilities also come in such flavors and nature, while scaling mainly on core attributes themselves.
Each attitude has a weakness:
Defense - Low utility and offensive power
Offense - Relies on over time damage and can't react to sudden bursts of damage.
Magic - Nearly useless once out of mana.

All those approaches can be combined depending on how much you like to play each kind. I admit, the defense part is more of a necessity than a favorite playstyle, because there is currently no way to utilize tanking to actually win(aside from tower dives, which still depend more on damage). However, offense vs magic is a good compromise.

So what's the problem in my opinion? The suggested stats are overly simplified. Want damage? Get damage. Want defense? Get defense. Those stats are no longer situational and don't even depend so much on playstyle anymore. They depend so much on class that you only choose between more offense and more defense.

I feel my rant may be a bit unjustified, but I considered it better to bring those things out than let them rot in my head. Perhaps argument provides clarity.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Actually zweiblechen is only limited, due to wc3, to only 5 abilities that can be "bought" on level up. To clear up the thought that zweib can make 15 different stats to increase.

Also I think the way he seperated what each skill does is fine, so that characters dont become overpowered by just stacking one skill, like if spellpower and spellhaste were the same skill, or attackpower and attackspeed, I think he needed to seperated the skills and their equal but opposite (attackpower and spellpower, attack speed and spellhaste) also keeping Hp and evasion together in my opinion is a good idea since their both defensive (but together is not overpowered) and spirit I think was just made to be the neutral stat that any class can benefit from,or to help with summons.
This. Of course I would rather seperate spellpower and attackpower, but I had to take compromises if I wanted to stay within the limits of WC3's skill system. So I basicly always paired stats so that every skill makes sense for every class to have. The new system was added to allow more customization, not less.

However I am not sold on the critical aspect of the new system, I feel that that part should be replaced with something else.... maybe get rid of the luck stat completely and just seperate attackpower and spellpower.
This would create a 0-point-stat for every class, effectively wasting a skill slot that could have been useful. I don't want that. Also, a combined stat makes the stats fair for hybrid classes like monk and druid that always suffered from the poor skill system.

Think about this: If choice A is clearly superior in use to choice B, then it isn't really a choice anymore.
The think with constitution and the primary attribute skills as in the status quo is, that there's no real choice in it anymore. People will just dump everything into their main stat and constitution. With a deviation of like 1 or 2 points that either go into wisdom or go into another stat depending on how much HP is needed for the current endgame.
That is just dull, if you ask me.

The new system is much more balanced in a way that it supports different playstyles even within a class, not just inbetween classes. In the current state, the skill system is just useless, because everyone skills the same.

So what's the problem in my opinion? The suggested stats are overly simplified. Want damage? Get damage. Want defense? Get defense. Those stats are no longer situational and don't even depend so much on playstyle anymore. They depend so much on class that you only choose between more offense and more defense.
Actually, it is more like:
"Want damage? Okay, here's 4 skills that give you more damage (power, luck, spirit, reflexes), but you can only have 2 of them maxed at the same time."
How is that not situational anymore? In fact, how is that less situational than the previous "main stat + cons" mono-stat dump of 1.2A?

The new system not only allows more freedom, it also scales properly with the character level.

Level 1
also keeping Hp and evasion together in my opinion is a good idea since their both defensive

Actually evasion comes from agility. The more agile you are, the more physical attacks you can dodge, (which is why agility also increases chance to evade attacks, or it used to) which could also depend on your reflexes and I think that this is the only case where the new name for agility "reflex" fits into the whole theme of the game. A tank would logically be bulky and wear heavy armor, so I really don't see why he should be able to evade many attacks.

Aside from that I really don't see much wrong with the other categories (except that they sound boring and generic as fuck :p ). Only one I kinda have a problem with is the "spirit" one. Like kyuzo said, where is the intelligence aspect in it, the wisdom, and most importantly the arcane? Just doesn't have the right feel to it. Normally I would be outraged at a change as drastic as this one (in my eyes at least), and although I really dislike the skill system revamp, I kinda wanna see how it's implemented into the game

Level 9
But the purpose of evasion is a defensive purpose, I almost think of evasion as blocking for berserker and crusader, as either way it would make an effective 0 damage hit.

While health allows you to absorb more hits, evasions allows you to make hits an effective 0, and I see it pointless having both a blocking and evasion stat separately as they would do the same exact thing, make X% amount of hits a 0.

SO even though evasion is given by agility, it is still for defense.
Which brings me to my point that both are defensive stats and therefor in the new system go together, I thought it was a good pairing.

You guys have to not care about names and logic, as much as you currently do, think about the balancing aspects more than the logic honestly, its a friggin video game, logic should almost not be involved, only the stats and balancing. There are some cases like... water elmental shouldnt be casting fireball, but if it makes some sense, then thats fine. Only question logic when it makes completely 0 sense whatsoever.

However I should have said having HP and Evasion together is a good idea, and not keeping....

Jumbo

Hosted Project GR
Level 19
To be honest Zwiebelchen makes the strongest points. What is the point of a stat system if everyone picks the same stats. That almost calls for automatically allocated stats per lvl like Diablo lame3. I 100% support Zwiebelchens stat system revamp!

I do, however, not yet see how spirit will be as useable as the other stats, but only ingame time and experimenting will tell.

Level 1
But the purpose of evasion is a defensive purpose, I almost think of evasion as blocking for berserker and crusader, as either way it would make an effective 0 damage hit.

While health allows you to absorb more hits, evasions allows you to make hits an effective 0, and I see it pointless having both a blocking and evasion stat separately as they would do the same exact thing, make X% amount of hits a 0.

SO even though evasion is given by agility, it is still for defense.
Which brings me to my point that both are defensive stats and therefor in the new system go together, I thought it was a good pairing.

Okay, I'm not saying crusaders and berserkers shouldn't have any evasion, but that you should be able to get it, at least on the berserker, by skilling agility. Not to mention some tank items already give evasion bonus to the crusader. Also, agility DPS are really weak. They don't have any armor since agility doesn't give any in this map, and they don't have a lot of hp either. I realize same could be said about str and int not giving any bonuses either, but I really feel like we should keep agility for balancing purposes, and then give something to mages for better survivability.

You guys have to not care about names and logic, as much as you currently do, think about the balancing aspects more than the logic honestly

And what makes video games successful and entertaining is partly the creative names they have for different things in the game. To be honest if everything had simple and generic names it wouldn't be as much fun.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Okay, I'm not saying crusaders and berserkers shouldn't have any evasion, but that you should be able to get it, at least on the berserker, by skilling agility.
You can still stack agility via gear and still get the same bonus you always got from agility. The formula for base stats influencing secondary stats did not change. It's not like the removal of STR, AGI and INT from the skill system removed those stats completely. I just replaced the mono-build-heavy skill system with something that not only scales better with levels, but is also way more balanced for hybrid classes.

Level 5
For what it's worth after the 5-week time it took, I have a reason to come and confess what will follow in the next paragraphs. I was and am real busy IRL and it's been getting more hectic. Hence the delay.

Reading you guys' opinions and thinking further helped me realize that you're seriously into making 'our' game a better one than what it is now, Zwieb. And that's infinitely delightful, and certainly mutual. Maybe you always were, and I just took my long time to realize that, as is always the case with me. Either way, I owe you a thanks; and an apology if this thread in anyway disheartened you. I was admittedly overreacting to a big change, esp to the names. I'm still on for the names though...!! Stamina for health..?!??! *Shakes in fear*
Those critiques still stand!

But the fact that the skill system needed an overhaul kinda started to fade away from my attention after forcing myself to accept the game the way it is, which is kinda rare for me... and sounds stupid too.

So now I decided I'd just up and revoke my hasted decision. I'm not gonna quit and I don't wanna quit. I love Gaia's and the (butt) buddies in the player base n' everything else that we gathered together, too much, for something like that to happen.

The scattered and confused situation my life has gotten into, a part of which is not having net access at my own new place yet and thus the self-reproach from botching up the bot maintenance, is among the things that contributed to me thinking I should give up. So I was carried away in my criticism. That's not how it should be. Even if I can't get some kinda internet access I'll keep our group and try to log in to see whats up, every once in a while. I hope things with Garena lan removal also end up in a viable solution.

Thank you Pacha for being the only one who offered to make a replacement for FoF. A default 50-player group was never enough tho anyway. But you stepped up, so kudos to you!

Level 5
Lore, Mythos, Cognitio (Latin), Intellegentia (Latin) or just Knowledge, Brilliance, Mentality (in its "brainpower" sense not the "mindset" one), Intellect etc, are some terms for mage-related stuff.
The rest really depend on what you have in mind for them. I never gave them much though I'll shoot some words but I can't really come up with a reasonable characteristic that provides both evasion and vigor in a person (the Stamina thing you defined) so I'll stay away from your new stat definitions and go with the old ones and mention the ideas that they are closer to inside parentheses in front of them.

A very simple set of names:

- Toughness (hp)
- Energy (mp)
- Skill (agi)
- Knowledge (int)
- Power (str)

A more complex-sounding but tangible and fundamental set of names:

- Vigor (hp)
- Willpower (mp, or something like new system's "Spirit")
- Lore (int) (Please check some dictionaries if anyone thinks lore doesn't fit)
- Might (str)
- Instinct (agi)

A rhyming but simply far-fetched and unfamiliar-sounding set of names:

- Fortitude (hp)
- Amplitude (mp) (In the sense of 'mental capacity, prowess or scope')
- Promptitude (agi)
- Magnitude (str)
- Aptitude (int)

A Latin set of names is almost without hope of being used but you could use words like animus, robus, impetus etc that also rhyme.

You could call them different names than just one-word terms:

- Path of Courage (hp)
- Path of Virtue/Enlightenment (mp) (Mana is originally a Christian term I believe)
- Path of the Arcane (int)
- Path of Aggression (str)
- Path of Celerity (agi)

If I force myself, reaaaaaly hard, to crate a set of names with those definitions you made in your thread, it'd be something like this:

- Drive/Impetus (instead of Power)
- Celerity (instead of Reflexes)
- Acumen (instead of Luck)
- Longanimity/Resolution/Adamance (instead of Stamina but like I said, I can't put hp and evasion together under one fitting name considering their different natures in a realistic point of view.. this is my best try)
- Will/Willpower/Essence/Growth (..?! I know, sounds a bit weird)/ Elan Vital/ etc etc (instead of Spirits, which I'm still not sure what concept is behind it)

You can even give them names of elements or deities or other systematic terms each of which would refer to the notion behind what the skill upgrade adds to you. But I'm pressed for time atm and have company so, sorry, if I remember something else I'll jot it down.

Last edited:
Level 9
The biggest problem with choosing a name for each of the skills is that you have to have something that's honestly a really basic word that also matches the duality of each skills.

Power -> Valor or Prowess or Proficiency
Reflexes -> Efficiency
Luck -> Precision
Stamina -> Tenacity or Endurance
Spirit -> Essence (I thought this sounded good, thanks Kyuzo)

Level 4
The biggest problem with choosing a name for each of the skills is that you have to have something that's honestly a really basic word that also matches the duality of each skills.

Power -> Valor or Prowess or Proficiency
Reflexes -> Efficiency
Luck -> Precision
Stamina -> Tenacity or Endurance
Spirit -> Essence (I thought this sounded good, thanks Kyuzo)

Isnt this what some of us here were trying to say above and you disagreed saying that we give to much attention to names etc ?:vw_wtf::vw_wtf::vw_wtf:

What kind of an attribute are you thinking of that will match both physical and spell power?? Based on reason there is no such attribute that can support both. So please lets leave reason out of this.

I really dont understand why you guys have to look for another name for an attribute that will give both physical and spell power. Doesnt matter how you will call it since it doesnt make sense in the first place. As i said above you could just call it Attribute 1.
As long as attributes do not support reason, their names doesnt matter either.

Am i missing something here? Tell me please, cause my understanding feels insulted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.