• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Is anyone moderating maps still?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
I know The Hive recently went through some turmoil but I am just wondering whether there is anyone still moderating maps?

I submitted a map over a month ago and no one has told me why it's still pending despite getting favorable reviews from people. I have been checking back to see whats wrong with it, does anyone know how long we are expected to wait?

Level 17
Doesn't really look like they are doing much in the maps section, I'm sure if you asked one of the resource moderators they could find a solution to your problem.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
After the turmoil, as you called it, it was obvious this was going to happen, especially with the Map Section, given its known (or not) history — the Hive had only 2 moderators not because I was afraid to promote more, but because there are none. It's an inevitable consequence of the game getting old.

Level 25
After the turmoil, as you called it, it was obvious this was going to happen, especially with the Map Section, given its known (or not) history — the Hive had only 2 moderators not because I was afraid to promote more, but because there are none. It's an inevitable consequence of the game getting old.

Are you going to at least test the waters and see if anyone wants to apply?

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Vengeancekael, the plan is to phase out the Resource Moderation forums in favor of Staff Contact as it has thread prefixes for resource sections and has the same permissions set.

As long as there are people willing to make maps, there will be people who are willing to help moderate maps. We may expand the staff to accommodate for amount of submissions, but the staff needs to be grown with care, so it stays healthy.

I don't believe in a contest to find staff members. The people who are fit for the staff are most of the time already doing what they would be doing if they were part of the staff. By this I mean that somebody who is fit for being a map moderator is already testing out new submitted maps. This is of course not always true, but is a good rule of thumb.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Vengeancekael, a productive map moderator was recently re-promoted. This will help with the backlog of pending maps. But still, please have patience. Your map is still available for people to download. In fact, I believe there are people who intentionally seek out pending maps to see what's new.

Level 25
I've been watching the "newest map" spotlight closely over the past week (mainly due to being jealous of http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/aegaeus-221298/?prev=r=20&status=a&page=2 and waiting for my map to be approved), and this is not the case. At least not at a daily interval.

So does it happen once a week? Does a map moderator choose which approved map deserved the spotlight?
Maybe, but we usually check like 20 maps at once in a while so just be patient maybe we skipped your map last time we did moderation...

I'm not complaining about the speed at which the maps are checked. I can see you have a large backlog of maps to check, and said map of mine has since been approved.

So I was just wondering about the "newest map" system, since my map did not receive this honour after being approved.
Because some other map was approved few moments after yours :)

Our great user and moderator Vengeancekael each month publish huge news related to blizzard modding community with hive elements included as well.
Contact him, he usually promote resources, maybe he can highlight yours as well :)

Level 25
Because some other map was approved few moments after yours :)

I somehow doubt this, as I say I kept a close eye on the newest map. It changed about a week after mine was approved, to another map that AFAIK had been approved a few days prior.

Anyway

Our great user and moderator Vengeancekael each month publish huge news related to blizzard modding community with hive elements included as well.
Contact him, he usually promote resources, maybe he can highlight yours as well :)

Thanks for the responses, and keep up the good work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.