1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 15th Mini-Mapping Contest came to an end. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 are soon to be revealed! Come and vote in the public poll for your favorite maps.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 12th incarnation of the Music Contest is LIVE! The theme is Synthwave. Knight Rider needs a song to listen to on his journey. You should definitely have some fun with this theme!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Iron Hussar and Champion Combat Tank

Submitted by General Frank
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Disclaimer/Credits
Please give credits if you use it in your campaign/map.
You can edit, repost the model to your liking as you please, as long as you give me credits. Have fun with the model.
And if you have questions about the model, feel free to contact me. [​IMG]

Disclaimer/Credits
5th February 2016 - Changed the design a little bit to go along better with my other models.

The Lore
The sturdy Iron Hussar combat tank is the workhorse on the battlefield of the Iron Empire. Build es masse, the tank was developed to be a reliable and affordable force to be reckoned with. Featuring medium armour, a 105mm cannon and deadly armour-piercing round, the tank is best used against heavily armoured and fortified foes of the Iron Empire. So, roll out and put these gun to good use, Kamerad!

The Dev Log
After using the tinker tank texture for the main body of my tanks for literally years now, I wanted to try out something new. I wanted to do something inspired by Wolfenstein tech. So I went with a dark steel texture, glowing orange windows and some leather and brass looking stuff. Add a good measure of WH40K design into it and you got this one. I think for a first try it turned out quite good. I also tried some new animation techniques.

Icons made my ~Nightmare
~Nightmare made awesome icons for this model. Check it out!

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Keywords:
tank, track, Frankster, Frank, General Frank, General, German, dark, evil, steel, metal, iron, empire, iron empire

EDIT: Add the 'Champion' variant to the pack to go along with my newest tanks.
Previews
Contents

Iron Hussar Combat Tank (Model)

Champion Combat Tank (Model)

Champion Tank Combat Tank Icons (Icon)

Reviews
02:00, 30th Oct 2015 MiniMage: Not much to point out. It is a functional, well designed tank, deserving of a place in the gallery. Well done.
  1. 02:00, 30th Oct 2015
    MiniMage: Not much to point out. It is a functional, well designed tank, deserving of a place in the gallery. Well done.

2. KILLCIDE

KILLCIDE

Administrator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I personally think there is too much going on when the tank starts its walk animation. I'd just reduce the amount of smoke particles that come out of its exhaust, but other than that, this looks great! The dark steel texture looks great and it really stands out from your other tanks.

3. Centurion2

Centurion2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Cool as a light tank, useful with workers inside (modern milicias)

4. DaHomieG

DaHomieG

Resources:
    Resources:
    Looks amazing!

The only downside is the TC parts. When they're black colored they look dark green.

5. apcrabnightlive

apcrabnightlive

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Cool model! Hope to see more models like these.

6. SNIper of DARKness

SNIper of DARKness

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    How about an actual Hussar? :p
    EDIT:I feel there is no need to say "Omg so awesome" when it is made by Mr.Frank.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  7. clockwork2

clockwork2

Resources:
    Resources:
    Awesomeness man! I am totally using this beut, it might even work in maps involving dwarves!

8. General Frank

General Frank

3D Modeling Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
  9. MouMou

MouMou

Resources:
    Resources:
    You definitely got the best tank in HIVE.