• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Iron Elemental - Animations WIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Yes well, I finally sat down and made a few animations, however, before I finalize it and make particles, I would like some input, since animating just isn't my thing at all.

Attached is the .mdl and the texture.

[Edit: Ah yes, sorry about not making those neat .gif movies of it, I was feeling a bit lazy]

Attachments

• IElemWip.rar
    85.6 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Level 26
I´ll post my opinion about each anim:

attack -1: looks good and i think it will look awesome after you have added some particles to the hand.
attack -2: same opinion as attack -1.
death: looks great.Nothing to add improve in my opinion.
decay: it just a decay anim.Nothing to improve.
spell: looks too much like attack -2 to me. Maybe change it to a spell anim with both arms used.
stand -1: looks good.
stand -2: looks also nice.
stand -3: could be a bit slower.
stand ready: looks good
walk: looks great.

All in all I really like the animations, they are all smooth and fit the model well. I also like the texture. A very neat model.

improve attack -2, I don't get a real impact feeling in it.

ok, Your stand anims are very good, but there's always the need for a random weird stand anim, which you may only see in your model. For example, Footman's Stand - 4, he takes of a drink and starts drinking then gets back to stand pos. I refer to anims like that one, which aren't seen in other models.

I think yours resembles a bit the fire elemental and the void elementals, that's why I think you should make animations more unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.