• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Additional marine animation

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I can see, this section is quite empty, so I decided to post something. Here is a file with add a rocket launcher attack animation to the marine, which is actually TRANSFERABLE to other blizz models. It was a hell making it though, as fadi mounir script is buggy and using ProFet's script to import and art tools export does not preserve the same bone structure.

To add the animation, use oinkerwinkle anim transferer, there are also tutorials if you use it for the first time. (animation file marine2.mdl) However there is some bug in blizz models or this transferer, so the gun bone will not be transfered. So you will have to open the mdl of both animation and output model in notepad and search for the string "Rifle01bone" and cnp the animation's file "Rifle01bone" part over the output's file, as you can see on the pics.

As you can see below, I tested it on olofmoleman's and General Frank's models and it seem to work, only I still need to know the most appropriate height of the gun.

I know that the stand ready animation are a bit static, this is because I didn't make in max, but only in mdl by copying keys as I was not fully sure about the success.

More animations maybe can come later :thumbs_up:

Caution: Using weaponless models with attachment probably will not work, seems that "weapon" attachment point got screwed during the process :bored:

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 264
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 306
  • Marine2.mdl
    221.4 KB · Views: 109
Status
Not open for further replies.