• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Iowk: Prelude Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Iowk: Prelude (RTS Deathmatch)

Notes
-Group
-Map is attached.
-Public Version 1.03M (massive armies) added.
-Public Version 1.03C (regular) added.

This is not a hero arena map! There will be heroes in it, but it is a RTS deathmatch! By that, I mean you still build units and collect resources; but there are a LOT of negative affects by having a large army; thus, constantly attacking them will benefit! The reason why I put these triggers in (and made the map size small) is that I found a similer problem to the one in Warriors of Gundra: Chaotic Civil Warfare; people would just build a giant army and then attack, making a huge lagfest to those without a good computer.

What is Iowk: Prelude?

Iowk: Prelude is a RTS, set in one of the battles prior to Iowk: Dynasty of Warfare, a video game concept that blends elements from First Person Shooters, Mass Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games, Real Time Stradegy games, and much much more! The lore-blog is located here.

In this game, you and an ally battle against the opposing force, assisted by a automated computer ally, with the goal of completly eliminating the enemy force. You do this by producing infantry, upgrading your units, gaining control of important locations, and eventually destorying all enemy structures. There are many tactics to use; stealth (currently not implimented), firepower, horde, Money/Army specialization, etc.

Lore Description
In Prelude, two dwarven lumber companies have conflicting claims to an area; as is normal on Planet Iowk, they bring their private armies to battle it out! These armies are equiped with powerful Artures weapons, perhaps some of the best in this far future.

Key Features

-Fierce RTS combat in a deathmatch-type map. This is a very small map, the smallest as can be, and thus combat is constant! Only by using tactics and the right units can you achieve victory! Brand new gameplay mechanics increase the gains of constant warfare!

-Massive battles every minute GUARENTEED! Your alliance and your enemy's alliance have a computer ally as well, which auto-create units to destroy the other team. These allies field much more units than you, thus helping them can often decide battles!

-Balenced gameplay. In every update, if a unit ain't balenced then it will be balenced in the next one (once the inbalence is posted 1+ times by different members).

-Battle.Net Ultra Friendly. The map is small, and quite a blast to play with several friends! And in the near future, the map shall be made bigger to allow even more players to play!

-Fun, Amazing Combat. Special use of battle effects make it fun to watch massive battles play out, even the automated computer ones! Additionally, if you like micro then you can save a great many of your troops through Micro (and thus kill more enemy troops).

Screen Shots

Here are some screen shots! They are avalible in this album.

137039-albums1417-picture10717.png
137039-albums1417-picture10716.png

137039-albums1417-picture10715.png

137039-albums1417-picture10824.png

Units & Weapons

The Soilder
The Soilder is the basic unit in Iowk: Prelude. It is divided into three sub-units.
Stats: 1200 HP, 100 Gold, 1 food.

Soilder w/ Bomtar: Basic long range AoE unit.
Soilder w/ Carbine: Basic DPS Unit.
Soilder w/ Shotgun: Basic melee DPS unit. +300 HP

The Sergeant
The Sergeant is a more powerful version of the Soilder. It is divided into three sub-units.
Stats: 1800 HP, 1/2 Reload Time, 300 Gold, 3 food.

Sergeant w/ Machine Gun: Medium-range DPS unit.
Sergeant w/ Carbine: Good long range DPS unit.
Sergeant w/ Heavy Launcher: Long range AoE DPS unit. - Currently Being Implimented/Replacing Sergeant w/ Shotgun.

The Assasin - Currently Being Implimented
The Assasin is a commando version of the Soilder. He is armed with a pistol, but this may change to a dagger/sword. Note that there is only one unit.
Stats: 1400 HP, +50% DMG, Cloak, 500 Gold, 5 food.

The Herbalist
The Herbalist primarilly relies on others for defense, but heals them in the process.
Stats: 1,500 HP, 60 Mana w/ 1 Mana regen, 600 gold, 6 food.
-Thrown Bottle Attack: 40 DMG, 2 sec, 950 Range.
-Heal AoE: +300 HP in a 200 AoE. 30 Mana. 3 waves for 3 seconds, 100 HP/wave, 3 sec cast time.
-Heal Single: +500HP, 500 range, autocast. 5 mana.

The Flame Warrior
The Flame Warrior specializes into doing AoE damage at close range, relying on dealing DoT and then retreating. If properly protected and used, they are the most deadliest unit of all.
Stats: 2,500 HP, 60 mana w/ 1 mana regen, 600 gold, 6 food.

More coming soon!

What I want to Impliment

-A item drop-on-death system. When a unit dies, it drops its weapon in the form of a item. If a unit picks up the weapon, then it gets the weapon (it is replaced by a unit with that weapon).
-Balenced Heroes.
-Battlecam System. When turned on, it goes to either premade camera positions or does constantly-changing views on random, noncivilian units.

What I'm working on Currently

-General Improvements
-Map Improvements
-Class Improvements
-Improvments based on Reviews

Changelog

Pub.03
-The max food has been increased to 270, but you stop making ALL money past 180!
-Harvester HP increased. Harvesters carry 225 gold per round, and 10 wood/75 gold per round.
-Far and Default camera system implimented. Type -camfar and -cam.
-Soilders now cost 1 food; sergeants 3; special 6.
-A gold mine has been put in the center of the map, along with two captureable Small Companies (on the sides) that allow the player's harvester unit to collect gold & return it there.

Pub.02
-Various unit damage changes. Carbine rifles are more affective now.
-Map has been imrpoved with two mountains, terrain heights, shrubs, and some flowers.
-Tooltips included.
-Loading screen included.

Pub.01
-Carbine damage & cooldown increased (all).
-Terrain changes; two mountains have replaced many trees on the left side. Shrubs have been added around all of the trees. Some flowers as well.
+++Additionally, I made a clearing on the right side in the middle; it has a hidden cliff change in the middle, making it an important area.
-Machine Gunner deals more damage.
-Bomtar damage reduced.

Do NOT steal this map, nor' modify it without my permission!

Attachments

• Iowk Prelude 2v2 Pup.03massive_solo_play.w3x
    209.4 KB · Views: 136
  • Iowk Prelude 2v2 Pup.03c.w3x
    204 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Level 19
/me attacks the alpha version with glee!

EDIT. Even if it is an alpha, it should at least have a proper Map Name and unit names in their tooltips.
There is quite a lot of typos (though at this stage, thats ok).
I imagine it would lag, considering the amount of units and missible flying everywhere, so you should consider lowering attack cooldowns and giving some units an Instant attack.

Level 8
New update released! Includes many new gameplay mechanics. Please write a small review, and/or tell me of what you think about this map!

Note that Iowk: Prelude is a original idea, including the gameplay style; well, I at least did not base it off any.

(From old post:)
Iowk: Prelude is looking for a new name! Submit it here, and credits will be put in the map (and below as well; keep reading!) for making a good name!

Heros shall be present in this map!
-A man with a powerful explosive gun will stride into battle, dealing epicly huge damage.
-This driver loves trees, but would rather chainsaw one than hug it. Or blow it up in a giant explosion. He loves dirt as well.
-A heavy weapons duo, these two partners fire both incinerating and sharding explosives, making more hurt than the man with a big gun.
-Gattling guns were never used, nor' even invented untill these pilots came out of nowhere and started mowing everyone that they didn't like. He may miss, but if your his target than you better hope he keeps missing!
----------------
There will be several random names for each as well, including contributors.

A new upload will come soon. Comments for map improvements are greatly needed! even if you post "cool" or something! :p

Level 8
wow... sounds cool. is there AI support, cause i cant host b.net!

Currently, there is only the computer battle in the middle. However, I do have two different possible plans for 1, 2, & 1v3. Post about which one you like better! :D

The Center AI gets better initially and better over-time. Note that these will be deactivateable for testing, etc.

Solo play: This system would make the central AI spawn more units, and over time spawn more and more. They also would get free upgrades after certain key events (i.e. a barracks is reduced to 60%, the AI gets 3 free upgrades), and they would autospawn units in the base when the base is under attack.

Two vs None: Same as above, only more units sent.

Two vs One: Same as solo play (the single-man team gets the advantage).

Problems: Requires a lot of work, and balencing issues would arise.

The AI uses the bases. Again, this will be deactivatable.

Any Player Number (including solo): Any slots occupied by a computer will have a AI system controll them.

Problems: This one would require even more work, although there would be less balence issues. However, there would be problems making the computer send workers to mine the gold mine...
----------------------------------
EDIT: Every 3rd wave will be much, MUCH stronger. Also, I'll make the Herbalist & Flame Warrior buildable. Opps.

EDIT2: Updated to Pub.03B!

Level 1
Iowk Prelude 2v2 Pup.03b
>Place credits in the quest menu for the models you have used.
>Different icon for the harvester is needed.
>Why not use some custom tree models in the map?
>The lanes are not perfectly balanced. The lower side has a little advantage always.
>Add wildlife in the map.
>Small company on the left side is not horizontal. It is half on ground & half on the mountain.
>Placing an AI in the map will help the map.
>The terrain can use variations. It is average presently.
>Some rocks on the upper left side mountain are in mid-air.
>riflemen trains a Herbalist.
>Sargent w/Carbine is Flame warrior.
>Different icons for the units in the barracks are needed.

Level 8
Iowk Prelude 2v2 Pup.03b
>Place credits in the quest menu for the models you have used.
>Different icon for the harvester is needed.
>Why not use some custom tree models in the map?
>The lanes are not perfectly balanced. The lower side has a little advantage always.
>Add wildlife in the map.
>Small company on the left side is not horizontal. It is half on ground & half on the mountain.
>Placing an AI in the map will help the map.
>The terrain can use variations. It is average presently.
>Some rocks on the upper left side mountain are in mid-air.
>riflemen trains a Herbalist.
>Sargent w/Carbine is Flame warrior.
>Different icons for the units in the barracks are needed.
Thanks! I'll work on those. Expect a new release this weekend, including one to two units. I requested someone (aka anyone) to make an AI, but if that doesn't work out then I'll try my hand once again at it.

Level 8
A special map mode as been added to the newest version; the Massive Solo Play Public Version! Its the latest updated map but with a player detection system that will make twice/thrice as many spawned Mob's for the enemy (and up to twice for your ally)! Be warned, this version can be quite laggy.

Bump also.

Level 8
Which of the 2 maps is the new version?
Both are. The "...Pub.103m" is a experimental version of an auto-player detection system; if you are solo, then twice as many units spawn for your computer ally and three times as many spawn for the enemy computer. As suspected, this generated too many units and caused much lag. Note that the number of additional waves spawned is directly related to the number of players.

Of course, that was a experimental version; the 1.03c is the real version. Next version I'll try my hand at an AI system. I made one once, and it worked pretty good - for the first 15 minutes, then it would stop attacking & making units - so I think I can do it. I added/uploaded 1.03M incase someone feels like a really, REALLY epic battle!
----------------------------
The next version will include upgrades, increase income, and include the Assasin class. Oh, and fix anything pointed out in reviews. I forgot to add in other types of trees; imports were not working right.

Status
Not open for further replies.