• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Map Idea: Maximum Tactics

How is this idea?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I'm interested in making a map, but when i read VG's thread about the Me Too-ism, i realised i should either make a map which will set off a whole new trend of maps, or i shouldn't touch map making at all. The following days, i was thinking and thinking about the different aspects of gameplay for WCIII, and what i could make that was previously undeveloped by others. I then came up with this idea.

Instead of controlling and developing your hero like in many other maps (especially the DOMINANT map in Bnet. You know what i meant. ;)), my map concentrates on developing your other units. At the start, you are given 4 food and 500 gold. You can then buy units within your food and gold limit. Each kill you get gives you gold, depending on the unit you killed. Every 5 seconds, you get 8 gold. Each wins you get would also give u 1 food and 200 gold.

There's also upgrades for units. All upgrades are universal, open to all units. Specificly: Damage, Defense, Health, Mana, HP regeneration, MP regeneration. Each type of upgrade has 10 levels, 10^8 different combinations of upgrades, though ultimately what you're aiming for is level 10 for everything.

Included would be a save/load system that would save your upgrades, your units, your kills, your gold, your food, your win count, your loss count. This allows you to develop your arrays of units over battle. Also, the host can decide if he wants to allow loading or disallow loading via a command. -al to allow, -dl to disallow

Do you think this idea would be popular? Do you like it? Any suggestions are welcomed, too.

Level 7
Thats a really cool and good ide though i dont understand the winning and losing thing you posted. Neither do i understand the game type. An aos or something but with units? or like a normal bnet game but with few units. u should write some better info. overasll its a good idea you got a ''yes'' vote from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.