• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Beta Testers Required! AI Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Iowk: Prelude is a RTS Deathmatch; two teams of two face off with a computer ally each to destroy the enemy. You have 9 (8 currently) types of units to attack with, and (soon) 5 heroes. The computer has no base; instead, it autospawns infantry to attack the enemy base. Eventually, you will be able to pay a whole bunch of gold to use special abilities every X minutes/seconds.

-To get gold you either harvest wood or collect from the central gold mine; the central gold mine requires at least one captured building on either side of the map.

For Testers
My map, Iowk: Prelude, highly needs testers! I shall put in more features and keep balencing as much as I can, but without feedback it is quite difficult to put in features that may not be fun, or are too much for older comp's; especially since I have a new computer & thus I'm not sure if I need to reduce some of the affects.

For the AI Creator
For single and 2v1 fights, I do not have a the skills to create a system to fill in player spots. That is why I need somebody to make a AI if a player slot is either: empty, computer filled, or if the player has left.

The AI will have to produce workers occasionally, and use all of the regular units. And if at all possible, to mine the gold mine (requires a special captureable building to do so).

Download is here on the main thread. There is a group link there as well if you are interested in Iowk: Prelude.

Last edited:
Level 4
Here is some feedback.

I like it. Fast paced RTS game play. As you said, quite literally a battle a minute.

The Good:
Fast paced gameplay
Epic battles
Quick load
Quick to learn

The Not So Good:
Dwarven Rifleman's voice is over used....
Unrelated icons

I suggest using the Mortar team model instead of the rifleman one for the "Bomtar" units. Then use the Dwarven Rifleman Model instead of the "hi-tech" peasant whose "heads up display" was totally out of place.
Use this model by TurieL for the sergeants:
Elite Rifleman
Change the "Riflemans" icon from a bottle.
The "train Rifleman" button trains a "Herbalist".
There are two "train sergeant" buttons, the bottom one makes a "Flame Warrior".
Also perhaps giving a skill point to each sergeant so that a player can give him an aura?

Its fun though

Level 8
Here is some feedback.

I like it. Fast paced RTS game play. As you said, quite literally a battle a minute.

The Good:
Fast paced gameplay
Epic battles
Quick load
Quick to learn

The Not So Good:
Dwarven Rifleman's voice is over used....
Unrelated icons

I suggest using the Mortar team model instead of the rifleman one for the "Bomtar" units. Then use the Dwarven Rifleman Model instead of the "hi-tech" peasant whose "heads up display" was totally out of place.
Use this model by TurieL for the sergeants:
Elite Rifleman
Change the "Riflemans" icon from a bottle.
The "train Rifleman" button trains a "Herbalist".
There are two "train sergeant" buttons, the bottom one makes a "Flame Warrior".
Also perhaps giving a skill point to each sergeant so that a player can give him an aura?

Its fun though
Thanks for the feedback! I put in the high-tech peasant mainly to "fill in" that roll, and the map (currently about 350 KB's) will go down to about 250 KB's without that model, making loading even faster. I forgot about the voices, and icons will be changed.

The Bomtar is meant to be one of the main soilder types in Iowk (lore-wise, in the area where they would be battling the main weapons are not rifles but explosive weapons), so I wouldn't really want to change it to a two-man team. I'll change it for now and see if its a major improvement.

The "Train Rifleman" was supposed to be "Tain Herbalist" (I musta forgot to change that...sorry!), and the bottle is to represent the herbalist part; I'll change that anyways. Same goes for the flame warrior.

I know about the Elite Rifleman, didn't put it in the map because of the file size; I'll consider it. :wink:
Do you mean a upgrade to give then an aura?

Also, I was putting in a system where you would recieve 50% less gold/wood income at 80 food, and no gold/wood at 160 food. Think it will improve gameplay by encouraging more assults and less build-up? I don't want major build-up primarily so to not lag up older computers.

Level 8
i didnt like the damage tho
What do you mean by that? I.e. a unit doing too much damage? Not enough? I'm not using different attack types right now, but once I fix what needs to be fixed in the next version then I'll work out a damage system (one that will still keep in-line with the current though; just to represent if its explosive, carbine, high-power/caliber gun, etc.)).

Level 8
You need 3 ppl for killing 1 in 5 sec and maybe 1 will survive, so not enough
If your talkign about Sargents and Soilders (1 sargent and 3 soilders), then that is how its supposed to be. A sargent is 3x as costly as a soilder, and twice the attack speed. If three soilders taking down one sargent (and at least one still suriviving), then that means that its properly balenced (both groups were worth 300 Gold each, thus the three soilders are more effective than the one sargent). So then it comes down to either swarming, or making more effective troops; the swarming will probebly win, but a good micro with the sargents could win. Especially with the more costly herbalist/healer and the Flame Warrior/DoT.

Level 8
i was actually talking about the Priests (600g)
If you mean 3 priests/herbalists? They are not direct-combat units.

If you mean 1 priest vs 3 others...well, send 6 soilders next time, or 2 sargents. If it was 3 sargents then I'll reduce its damage.

You need to give a more clear picture; give me how many of each unit and what type, and then I can help more .

Level 8
No I mean each individual sergeant has a skill point which you can invest in an aura out of like 4-6 (your choice) so that each one is slighly unique. Just the one skill point though. No leveling up or anything.
How would I do that then?

I'm also thinking about wether or not I should put in Heroes; do you think I should?

Newest version added!

Status
Not open for further replies.