• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Invulnerable Building "Our allies town needs help!" issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hello there !

Still working on improving my map, I added a building that lets you improve you Hero Builder custom attributes, and recently added an upgrade to the building that increases the hero range (and sight range so that it works) by 50 for every level.

Now everything works fine, excepted that this building, although invulnerable, still sends a 'Our allies town needs help!" vocal warning with a blinking red spot on the minimap, every time an attacking creep gets near it.

This is annoying as for some reason, the ally towers that are not invulnerable don't even issue that warning !!!

Is there a specific entry in the object editor that triggers this warning ?

If I set the field "Is a building" to false, everything still works fine and the warning goes away, but then the upgrade looses its research progress bar, and as these researched upgrades are not instant, this is pretty annoying !

Anyone would have an idea before i have to start making a dedicated trigger in Lua to emulate the upgrade ?

Notes :
- the building's "Targeted as" field is empty.
- I don't want to make it neutral passive as I made a custom model just for that building, with Team Color

EDIT : SOLVED !

After doing some digging in config() and blizzard.j, I added these lines to my Initialization function :

Lua:
    for i=0,3 do
        for j=0,3 do
            if (i~=j) then
                SetPlayerAlliance(Player(i), Player(j), ALLIANCE_HELP_REQUEST,  false)
                SetPlayerAlliance(Player(i), Player(j), ALLIANCE_HELP_RESPONSE,  false)
            end
        end
    end

Not sure the RESPONSE part is needed, but the issue has gone completely :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.